Eibach or H&R Leon FR lowering springs

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Need some opinions from people.

I'm looking at getting some lowering springs for my 2005 seat leon FR tdi.

The two I've narrowed it down to are the eibach pro-kit or the H&R sport springs kit.

In terms of quality, comfort compared to oe and performance what does anyone recommend for the diesel leon?

Cheers,

S10EAT

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
BruceR - you just got the standard shocks with those? How's the ride on country roads?

Ride is slightly harder than standard but feels so much better and controlled through corners. It did take a few weeks to get used to the stiffer ride but I've made it better with a few other additions: Whiteline rear ARB, Superpro front end bushes :)

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
BruceR - you just got the standard shocks with those? How's the ride on country roads?

I know it's an a6 and not a leon but mine has standard shocks. Handling is good. I don't think the audi is set up to handle as well as a leon in terms of chamber angle during cornering. Also mine is an se and not a sport which means a smaller anti-roll bar creating more corner roll.

This said I can conclude that it's not a bad setup but it is evident from driving and listening to the tyres, feedback through the steering wheel and generally how the car behaves that the standard dampers can't keep the wheel and tyre in contact with the road as much as is preferable. As for bounce down back roads I haven't been down my favourite back roads in a while but from the small sessions on some bumpy roads I've been on I can confidently say that it would not be a setup that would punt you into a hedge. I've had suspension setups before that have bounced me from one side of the road to the other, not pleasant.:)

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Thanks for the feedback, about the standard shocks not being able to keep the wheels and tyres on the road, I know exactly what you mean, my FR feels less sporty than the leon 110 tdi se it replaced!!! So handling into corners should be improved with some eibach springs.

Has anyone thought about upgrading the shocks and what might be the best match to the springs?

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Your ride is an mk1 leon? I couldn't fault my mk1 leon 110 tdi se for handling at all especially given the standard setup. The only thing that upset it was failed turret strut top mount rubbers.

Depends what your after. Tell me and I'll let you know what I'd go for. Obviously everyone else can jump in too. More the merrier.:)