Eibach springs question

Andrei_Nick

Apr 16, 2012
Hello again, so I have a question regardless eibach springs...
My car is a seat leon mk2 tdi 1.9 engine.I have many doubts about what to choose prokit or sportline.Right now I have stock suspension with 17's alloy wheels( borbet lv5 ) and i want to put some eibach springs to lower it down...I want a decent drop and I really don't know what to choose.
I have a strange question related to sportlines springs...why does it have a big drop of 45-50 mm on the front and 35 mm on the rear? ( the back of the car seems to high compare to the front)
I have read in many comments like ,, i have a drop with sportline of 50mm rear and 35 front":confused:...how do you manage that? my first thought was that he just swap the springs and put the front spring to back and back to front...:blink:
Sorry for my bad english, but i'm not from England...i hope you understand what i have said.:)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
50 mm is for the front and 35 for the rear. The springs won't fit the other way round. It's like this is to give the car a nice stance. Check out my readers ride. I'm lowered on sportines and love them

Andrei_Nick

Apr 16, 2012
Thank you...as i was thinking, the springs won't fit other way round...I have read your topic and i want to say that you have a very nice car:)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Thanks man, nice to no it's looking good :) if u have any other questions on the sportlines just give me a shout mate

gregdaisley

This is my 1.9TDI on standard dampers with Eibach Sportline springs...

dscf0346b.jpg

Andrei_Nick

Apr 16, 2012
thanks....this was really usefull....i read all your pages in readers ride and i must say that you have a awesome car :D ... one question i have : how did you mount the spoiler back? some of my friends recommended that i should use a windshield glue ( or mastik or whatever it's called :shrug:)

Andrei_Nick

Apr 16, 2012
sounds good :) good luck .... another question that i forgot : from where have you buyed the gear knob ?