Electric door mirrors and reversing

wallsy77

Jun 4, 2006
After reading the FAQ on 2001 leon cupra models having electric door mirrors that tilt down when reverse is engaged I have a question.

I followed the instructions as per the FAQ and when all set up I select reverse the passengers side mirror move up instead of down and when I disengage reverse the mirrors don't reset back to their original position.

Has anybody seen this before? Tried looking in the owners manual but there's nothing in there.

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
didnt know about this but i do recall getting grief from my mirrors once when i was trying to reverse near a very high kerb and the b*stards just wouldnt do what I wanted them to...........

wallsy77

Jun 4, 2006
CupraSteve said:
what have you read in FAQ? you got the link?

Cupra Steve

The link is here - http://www.seatcupra.net/knowledge_base/knowledge_base/seat_leon_faq.html

And I read this section:

MIRRORS:
Early cars had dipping rear view mirrors to aid parking. To activate these ,1. Start Car and put car into reverse.2. Turn mirror control to the passenger side, 3. Set mirror to desired position, low so you can see the kerb area for parking. 4. Switch it back to the Drivers side.5. Take out of reverse. NOTE:You must leave the control knob switched to the drivers' side for it to work. This feature was deleted in mid 2001

However tried with setting the reverse mirror setting by turning the knob to the drivers side and stil no joy.

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
read that, my car is a 2001 leon with electric seats but it doesnt work ??

do i need to enable some memory setting/?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.