Electric door mirrors problems

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
We’ve also experienced this a couple of times now...anyone been to the dealer, and did they solve it?
Thanks!

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
Booked my car in on the 21st for the dealer to see if they can figure out why it’s happening. They contacted Seat management, who weren’t aware of the problem.

So in all honesty I’m not expecting it fixed that day. Particularly because the problem is infrequent and random! I can guarantee it will behaviour at the dealer.

I really think there needs to be a few more reports of the issue logged with Seat before they start to recognise and work on the problem - so I’d recommend everyone who’s experiencing it contacts their dealers. The more of us who do, the more likely they are to look into it and solve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
My car is booked in on Monday so I will try and get them to check this... although it's not happened since.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I had to cancel my booking, its now in on the 1st May. To be honest the mirrors have been fine since it first happened. Having a few other issues though.

Petri Turunen

Apr 29, 2018
Not sure if mentioned already but I think this issua has to do something with the KESSY. My mirrors are folding out everytime I use the remote to unlock doors.

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
So I finally had the dealers look at it, and I’m not sure what they did but the issue is still there.

What’s interesting is that I’ve now got a few other things happening too. There’s been a few times when I’ve been driving in the last couple of weeks where a message saying “Key Not Detected” shows up, which is always interesting....

Also I’ve noticed that when I hold my hand to lock the door for a few seconds, so that the mirrors do fold in, the car locks then unlocks itself whilst I’m holding my hand in the lock position.

All these are KESSY issues, so it’s possible it may be related to KESSY, has anyone who said they have the said problem not got KESSY?

Just wanted to see if anyone else on the forum has experienced anything similar so I can add a bit more weight before I get back to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
According to another member in a different thread of this forum:

Most of the lock / mirror issues are probably because we don't read the instructions. Several on here, including me, thought the KESSY did not work on their new cars, but we were doing it wrong. Same with stop/start - it's easy to deactivate without realising you've done it. These are not faults but features of the car.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/ibiza-reliability.444193/

I am personally trying to determine how reliable this car is. So is this really a fault of the car or could it be what camelspyyder claims?

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
According to another member in a different thread of this forum:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/ibiza-reliability.444193/

I am personally trying to determine how reliable this car is. So is this really a fault of the car or could it be what camelspyyder claims?

I’m not sure how much you’ve read of these posts, but I find it very hard to believe that you or anyone else could think that a “Key not detected” warning whilst driving, or mirrors occasionally not folding out automatically when starting the car could be in anyway user error.....

I mean you’re meant to use a banana instead of a key with KESSY right?

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
How's everyone getting on with the electric door mirror problem? I'm still suffering from it and the dealer has gone very quiet on me...

I've also noticed recently that my drivers side mirror folds in/out slower than the passenger side mirror - I'm wondering if that's related or if anyone else is noticing something similar?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
still happening, but only when using the door sensor, key seems fine. was awaiting more details on the seatbelt recall before going to dealer to save going twice

Mar 27, 2019
Glasgow
I had my 2017 Ibiza Cupra in yesterday and have been told its just down to the characteristics of the car. The issue I have is that the mirrors wont fold in when I hold the key fob lock button. When I do get the mirrors to fold in the passenger mirror shudders when folding back out. IMG-8891.jpg IMG-8892.jpg