Electric Door Mirrors

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
hi jo

Sorry to hear of your woes, fuel consumtion should now start to pick up mine has just 4k on the clock,and is steadily improving all the time, these engines do take some running to be fully free;)

Some dealers are complete rubbish , do a search of dealers and comments, and find another near to you and use em,theres more bad than good though prob 30% good:D

Tailgate just needs sriker adjustment, although check it's not fouling on the rear bumper(you have to look very hard)this is also a known prob.:eek:

What parts did they order for the mirrors?, was it the swictch or a sticking motor?keep the faith these are just basic niggles which should have been ironed out:D

have,nt been on here much been decorating:mad: :mad: :mad:

regards
vern

Bunter

Sep 7, 2003
Nr Oxford
www.tvrccoxford.co.uk
Hi Vern

Thanks for your support.

Generally I'm pleased with the car. I've been reading the threads and noting the known problems. Bit fed up with the fact that they did nothing with the tailgate when it is a known problem and easy to fix. Still, not a major problem.

I have no idea what parts they have ordered for the mirror, and I have a suspicion they don't know either! I would use MK dealership as they seem to have a good press, but it is not easy to get the car there - I live near Oxford and work in Birmingham at present. I have to rely upon the goodwill of my husband to drop the car off for me at the garage. He can't get to MK and back to work in time.

Decorating! We've been doing that for about the past year - had the house remodelled and now every room needs something doing. You are a mere amateur :D

Jo

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
hi jo

Dont talk to me about re modelling, had every wall in the house plastered @ somtime,the dust settles for a month:mad: even had nearly every floor board up in the house,pipes cables etc:D

Thats a trek to work your lcr will be upto 10k in no time,thats when you will see a difference in performance, fuel consumption etc,on a plus point when the hubby drops the lcr in u can take trevor:D mind u the v8 can be mighty thirsty!!!:eek: good luck and keep us posted, if u can get on the p.c, due to the hubby being on pistonheads
regards
vern
p.s what u called the car(i know all you women do it,) btw ours is called boris (nothing to do with me);)

Bunter

Sep 7, 2003
Nr Oxford
www.tvrccoxford.co.uk
We had a supporting wall taken down, new central heating, new kitchen........

Yes, I do take Trevor when the LCR is in dock. Much more tiring to drive, and VERY thirsty. Funnily enough, I don't drive it as fast. Probably because I'm afraid that I can't hold it on a corner - no power steering or other nancy driver aids.

Mine is called Dizzy, on account of the plate being DZY - I chose it specially. It was either that or DPY - Dippy. No, I'm not blonde!

I thought cars called Boris were always something like 2CVs on account of them being creepy crawly :D

Jo

unck57

I have a 2002 Alhambra with electric folding mirrors. Driver's side motor still works, but the drive to the mirror seems to disengage/get out of synch with the mirror, and so does not fold in or out. Mirror is fairly free to move when this happens. After a while (or perhaps after not using it for a while) it may clunk/snap/bang back in place and works as it should for a little.

Is it possible to disassemble and replace or secure parts again? Anyone got experience of fixing this?

Thanks

K

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members