Electric windows , mirrors not workin

Sep 22, 2019
Hi there first of all i gotta thank the guys who made this site and you guys for helping me already .

Intro:
Right so i bought my first 1.8 20vt cupra 3 days ago the guy who sold it to me presented all the problems and i chosed to buy it anyway because the engine and bodywork were sound :D and i;ve been looking and waiting for a cupra for a long time now (U.K has sky high insurances -_-)
it was made in 2001 so i expected the electrical faults from the start even the boot gave me trouble after i took it for a car wash but i fixed it by finding a thread on this forum so thx again you guys rock \m/.
Now i am a car mechanic myself did a 3 year school worked in a service etc but i've never got the hang of electrics or got to work on them , i prefered my cars as simple as possible sadly they get more and more complicated .
Now i could take it to a electrician but it might take him days to diagnose and fix it and i need my car and i think it's time i start learning electrics and electronics it's 2019 afterall

Problems:
1 and this one i want to fix first
So it's a right steering wheel car if you didn't notice by now xd and my right side front door switches don't work or they work and for example the mirror motors are f''''.
Near the gas pedal just down by the door i have a connector that leads to the door if i remove it and plug it in again my window button works but i still cant use the other windows from my side (note that the windows from the other doors work perfectly from the buttons on the doors) . Any idea what the problem might be ? :D

2 electric mirrors they dont work at all , the button is illuminated but i turn it push it and nothing happens to the mirrors , no motor noise , movement etc

I've changed a fuse today with the info that i found on this site again XD but still nothin , i much appreciate and thank you guys from the start :D

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Windows: if all the windows work themselves but just not from the drivers door, then it's more than likely related to the plug that you said you have to unplug and then plug back in. Try cleaning all the contacts and make sure there are no obvious breaks in the wire. They often break where the wire passes through the door inside the little rubber boot. Also check the connector where it plugs into the switch panel itself.

Mirrors: if neither of them work then most likely the switch. You can pick up a new one on ebay cheap enough.