Electrical help needed

Harris1987

Mar 24, 2018
Folkestone
Evening all.
I have a 1.6 55plate leon
I have a few electrical issues. I drove just over 100 mile yesterday not a problem.
Comes to today and its all start.
1st i noticed the light bulb sign on the dash board stayed on for a while then does off then on and off again.
The rear drivers side door wont open from the outside will open from inside and once that is done the door will then open from outside until locked and unlock again. (Looked on here could it be locking mod)
Once im in the car and press the (key) lock button the doors will lock then 30 seconds later doors will unlock and radio will also go off.
Also when im driving the radio goes off and on.( could stay on for ages sometime just seconds)
Any help will be much appreciated before i start ripping it apart

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening all.
I have a 1.6 55plate leon
I have a few electrical issues. I drove just over 100 mile yesterday not a problem.
Comes to today and its all start.
1st i noticed the light bulb sign on the dash board stayed on for a while then does off then on and off again.
The rear drivers side door wont open from the outside will open from inside and once that is done the door will then open from outside until locked and unlock again. (Looked on here could it be locking mod)
Once im in the car and press the (key) lock button the doors will lock then 30 seconds later doors will unlock and radio will also go off.
Also when im driving the radio goes off and on.( could stay on for ages sometime just seconds)
Any help will be much appreciated before i start ripping it apart
Afternoon,

When the light warning is on the dash you managed to see if you actually have a light out (maybe loose connection) check the number plate lights although I'm not sure if they would set the warning off.

With regards to the door, I have just done the lock mod on my 2010 facelift Cupra r rear passenger door as mine had the exact same issue, previously done the front passenger and that took a few hours to work some magic then it started working.

As for the last thing maybe worth getting it plugged into a VCDS to see what's happening when it locks and unlocks.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

Harris1987

Mar 24, 2018
Folkestone
Hi thank you for the reply. I have checked the bulbs but didnt even think to look at that one, Will do that later.
Ive order a new lock mod was it easy to fit ???
I spoke to a mate he said the radio/lock combi fault could be a earth problem
Thank you for the advise it will give me a few other bits to look into

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi thank you for the reply. I have checked the bulbs but didnt even think to look at that one, Will do that later.
Ive order a new lock mod was it easy to fit ???
I spoke to a mate he said the radio/lock combi fault could be a earth problem
Thank you for the advise it will give me a few other bits to look into

You never know it could be an easy win, be worth having someone in the car to see if it goes on and off.

With regards to the lock mod I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing as you don't need to order anything you just drill s small hole into the motor casing in the door and fill it with WD40 then put Blutac on the hole to seal it.

I will try and find the Youtube video I used.

Cheers

Harris1987

Mar 24, 2018
Folkestone
Afternoon. Have just changed the rear lock mech now the door is working perfect. Still have the radio and central lock and light on dash fault been working fine the last few day (it has been dry) today it raining hard and the fault have shown up again, could water be getting into the lighr and shorting it all out ??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.