ELectrical issues, seatbelt light and passenger door

Andy ap

Mar 23, 2010
Antrim
My MK2 appears to have developed electrical issues ever since a cold nights stay in York i found that most of the time the front passenger door wouldn't open so had to be opened from the inside. Now it only does it occasionally and seems to of fixed itself (touch wood), mostly, although it still has the occasional tantrum. But now another light is driving me mad the seatbelt light occasionally pings incessantly at me with the red warning light and doesn't shut up until a few miles later (not actually sure if it does turn off as so far it's only happened on short trips).

Possibly related but i'm not sure is the car does take a couple of turns in the morning for the engine to fire as if the battery might be on the way out. The car doesn't actually get driven that much lately (i ride to work) and most of its journeys are fairly short over the last few weeks.
I'm also getting a lot of condensation inside the car and on cold mornings and have had to wipe frost of the inside of the screen. Been advised that it could potentially be a dodgy earth too.

Thanks in advance. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.