electrical problem

Gunwande

I have a 2008 2.0TDI FR

Recently my front and rear washers and rear wiper stopped working, I replaced the fuse but still not working. I took it into Seat garage and they looked into it, the mechanic explained he thought it was a fault on a board that the signal from the wiper stick to the motor for pump and rear wiper went through. He said all the electrics went through this board. He had tested the relays and the fuses but they were not to blame. The new board will cost around £400.

Anyone know what this board is called? - can't remember what he called it. Does this seem right to any experts out there?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Before shelling out for a new board I would try a new switch/stalk. Failing that I would get Vag-Com and do an output test. This excersiaes the board, the wiper and the washer pump etc without the use of the switch/stalk.

Gunwande

Its been in for a more in depth look today and been fully tested they are saying its a boardsnet fault and all needs to be replaced and recoded at the cost of £455

Again if anyone knows if this is standed costs - can it be done anywhere cheaper in North West?

Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members