Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Emission & EPC Light on

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by shox, Apr 14, 2010.

1. shox

shox Active Member

Hello everyone,

i getting crazy with this problem, so i wanted to ask before i head to the stealers.

For the past 2 months i have been having an issue with my emission control light. This is whats happening:

After driving for a while, if i press the clutch down and the rpms go on idle, the engine switches off, and the emission light, together with the EPC light goes on. I can switch the car off (with the key) and on again, it will work , the EPC light goes off, but the emission light stays on.

I recently realized its happening only after my benzine levels are after the third line (after about 170km), never earlier.

edit: forgot to mention that if i tank, the lights mostly go away.

I just read this forum post: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250518

which does sound pretty similar, but i wanted to make sure i wont do any unnecessary moves with the stealers.

I will vagcom today to see the fault codes (forgot them from last time).

If anyone can give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

#1 shox, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. shox

shox Active Member

To anyone wondering or having the same issue, i had the Lambda sensor replaced, and cleaned the exhaust intake pipe . (was at the garage).

3. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

Yup emissions light on sounds a lot like a Lambda probe failure.

4. shox

shox Active Member

good part was that i was still on warranty (apparently) and didnt have to pay anything =)

5. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

Oh joy! I am assumming that it was "bank 1 sensor 1" - ie the sensor fitted to the manifold/cat that failed - it seems to be a favourite one to fail!