EML fault no symptoms

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Hi all

I had a 400 miles round today. Anyway I stopped to fill up at Sainsburys as I was running very low and couldn't get any super unleaded so put 95 RON in and about 10 seconds after restarting on comes the EML for my 150 miles I still had to go.

There's no adverse symptoms and the car runs fine and the temperature gauge is behaving normally. Does this sound like the water coolant temperature gauge sender?

Unfortunately I don't have a code reader or vagcom. My Mot is due next week and I don't know if they would fail me for having the EML on? I seem to remember that MOT stations were cracking down on fault lights.

Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

cmc

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I don't gave an android phone (iPhone) but I reckon I'll buy a cheap code reader. The light randomly went out today though after being in for a few days. I hope the fault code will be saved though.

Thanks fir the reply though.

Cheers

Cmc

rallychief

Oct 13, 2008
I live in South Devon
Ordered the scanner off e.bay as linked in the thread, went to download "torque app" pro on to my Samsung Galaxy Ace, but got message saying the site was being blocked due to copyright reasons, can anyone link me to a site I can get it from.

Cheers Chris

SubZero

Jan 23, 2011
Midlands
You need to download it through the Google Play Store, I believe that's the only legitimate source. Other sites are basically distributing copies of the app without the owners permission... There is a free version (Torque Lite) in the store, so try that and support the developer if you like it :)

rallychief

Oct 13, 2008
I live in South Devon
I thought I was, it is the paid for Pro version I am after , I am going through google on the phone, but when I try to download, it says the site is blocked due to copywright law, or something very similar, probably doing something wrong.

Cheers Chris

loonitic

Jun 16, 2013
I thought I was, it is the paid for Pro version I am after , I am going through google on the phone, but when I try to download, it says the site is blocked due to copywright law, or something very similar, probably doing something wrong.

Cheers Chris

Theres a free version on the Android\Play store it will scan and tell you codes but not clear them. The Pro version will and only costs round £3.

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Just check all obvious connectors in the engine bay..had it myself today turned out the carbon cannister wasn't connected. You do need a scanner tool though..