Engine fault warning light- P0087

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
cr170 went it limp mode earlier on today. Ran some checks on the fault codes and it came up as P0087 which is low fuel pressure.

Since turning the car off and on again it has been fine, but I can see it popping up again soon.

I am thinking that it could be down to a dirty/blocked fuel filter.

Has anyone had any experience with this fault?

Cheers.

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Pretty straight forward to change the filter but without vcds I don't know how I'd pump the diesel back in before starting it up.

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
Cheers mj, that makes sense. Car has been fine since so I'm not sure whether to get it sorted asap or wait a month for service.

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
After a couple of days driving fine I've run in to a bigger problem now.

Engine light on again with EGR malfunction code p0403.

Car won't start. It turns over fine but then just stalls. Pressing the gas pedal just speeds the stall up. It is seemingly dead until the egr can be looked at.

Either massively clogged up (which you'd hope not at 45k), or something worse.

It's currently dead in the car park at work

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019
Hi Just Got this Fault Code on my Seat Leon Cr170 2010 p0087 after lending the car to a mate. He put petrol into the tank and my car is diesel. Now the fault code is not going away and also dpf light has come on. Can wrong fuel cause this fault code or is it something else? Als any reccommendations as there is a loss of power.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Did you check the fuel filter for signs of metal debris?

Cos the CR170 occasionally eats it's fuel pump, and injectors.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
It's very difficult to properly clean out the injection system after the fuel pump explodes.

The swarf gets all over the place, could easily have been in the fuel tank or diesel cooler.

Steeley G

Aug 21, 2021
Yorkshire
Hi all sorry i havent been back on to say if the problem was fixed, unfortunatly i had to cancel the mobile mechanic as my little lad got rushed in to hospital. But i did change the fuel filter and so far so good.

Steeley G

Aug 21, 2021
Yorkshire
Got the code back again unfortunately, so I'm going to get a new in tank fuel pump to see if that solves the problem would I need to code a new fuel pump in or will it be ok?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members