Engine management light

Jan 12, 2020
Hello hope someone can help I have a 2010 ibiza Cupra 1.4tsi and I keep getting the engine management light come on I have had it plugged in and it says the map sensor has high output also the air intake bank 1 circuit high I have changed the map sensor but it is still the same any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hello there,

possibly you've had error code P0106 come up if you've used a diagnostic scanner,
this fault code can appear if there's a problem with the MAP sensor itself or it's electrical wiring circuit, also vacuum leaks can cause issues which can bring up fault code,
as the MAP sensor is a kind of vacuum sensor, as it's measuring air volume/vacuum within the inlet manifold.

Fault code P0030 or P0032 is for pre- lambda sensor (the one before catalytic converter)
This can cause over fueling putting ECU into limp mode, as it's unable to receive air / fuel ratio readings.

I've had a similar issue to you where the error fault code for the MAP sensor kept on appearing, basically was the ECU that was faulty, I sent it of to be tested and was told the circuit for the fuel/air settings was damaged, which caused intermittent faults in other area's.
I'm not saying this is your issue but is a possibility.

Hope this helps
Si

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.