Engine Start Issues MK4 SX 1.2

X_Lollypop_X

ur only jealous :)
Sep 20, 2008
Bucklebury, Berkshire
Hi guys,

I'm having a little bit of a problem, my car struggled to start this morning and I had to pump the accelorator when I tried to start it the second time, it then started fine and there was no problem. Went back out in the car it started fine but then 3 yards in front it stalled, ever since my engine diagnostics light has come one and wont go off like it should do :(

Would puttin Vag Com on it find the fault and could it something major?

J
xx

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm having a little bit of a problem, my car struggled to start this morning and I had to pump the accelorator when I tried to start it the second time, it then started fine and there was no problem. Went back out in the car it started fine but then 3 yards in front it stalled, ever since my engine diagnostics light has come one and wont go off like it should do :(

Would puttin Vag Com on it find the fault and could it something major?

J
xx

Its probably something like the coolant sensor, but it has be known for the the cam timing to jump causing poor starting,cutting out and bloody loud rattling.

Best get the codes read first. ;)

X_Lollypop_X

ur only jealous :)
Sep 20, 2008
Bucklebury, Berkshire
okies thank you, someone suggested to me could be the engine coolant temperature sensor....so goin for that first as cant get hold of anyone with vagcom lol and i expect mark is wayyyy to busy to com up to amazingstoke just to do that lol

but thanks you ahve kind of confirmed what someone else said and it kind of makes sence from doing a bit of research on it some other stuff that happens like very high idle until the engine is warm on like really cold days and stuff :)

J
xx

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.