Engine starts then immediately cuts out

GDad

Hello,

I've got a 99 V reg Toledo 1.8, and just went to drop the other half at the station for her night shift and the car started but immediately cut out. Though it must be cold so re-started it and blipped the throttle but again it started and cut out immediately. Tried it a few times but repeated the above. As it cuts out and then with the key still turned to 'on' it's got a light flashing I've not seen before on the dash with an outline of a car with a key in it. Tried my spare key in case it was something to do with that but makes no difference.

Not very mechanically minded so any clues please? Thought it might be immobiliser but I'd assume that would stop it from starting in the first place? Drove it fine this morning without any issues so it's not been unused for a while...

Thanks for any help

Paul

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It is an immobilizer issue for some reason.

is it starting now?

The symbol is the immobilizer light, try moving the steering column up and down, in and out.

GDad

No still doing the same. Just had another look and if I don't turn the ignition all the way the immobiliser light is flashing before I turn it over as well as after.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Either both keys have lost their programming, the reader coil in the ignition barrell isnt picking them up or the dash is faulty.

Needs diagnostics hooking up to it.

159chrisymc

Dec 24, 2015
immobiliser light flashing

i no this is an old post but he ever get the car sorted? as my toledo is doing the same?

Francy110tdi

May 21, 2006
My car is also doing the same - my clock also is illuminated constantly even with the car switched off - pulling out fuse 15 is the only way to put the light out.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise