Engine swap from 90 to 150

Leontdii

Feb 15, 2010
Hi all need a bit of your knowledge and advice,

I have a 90bhp diesal but am thinking about swaping the engine to the 150bhp pd withing the next year, Is this worth the hassle as i can not insure a 150, i have found the engine for about 800ish and have worked out to make mine to around 150 it would cost about 600-700ish,

Could i change the parts on my engine to make it a 150? if so what do i need?

Or is it just easier to swap the engine?

Thanks for your time :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Engine is very different so would need the whole lot.

Also going to need the fuel tank and pump (pretty sure your car doesnt have it), fuel cooler, ECU, looms etc.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Kenny@AmD has done this conversion for raams on ukmkivs. I would speak to him on what changes are required.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Unfortunately not, it wasnt build that was posted online as such.

Best thing to do is ring AmD Essex for details.

Leontdii

Feb 15, 2010
Cause it wont be declared, engines look the same cause of covers you can easily get away with it

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Yeh I gotta say, I don't think anyone should give you any advice if you're not declaring it. I've had 5 accidents, none my fault.

If you can't afford it, don't do it, I've no time for uninsured drivers.

Infact, if it were up to me there'd be a lot more stringent penalties and ways to enforce them.

Last edited:

Leontdii

Feb 15, 2010
Thanks for your advice but im not going for that change now and for you bitching at me about not declaring it i bet 9/10 users dont declare there alloys, exhausts and mods any mods you have will forge your insurance weather it being a set of alloys or a engine. i'm keeping my engine and tinkering with it.

Leontdii

Feb 15, 2010
Of course i was going to upgrade all the braking systems and everything else but ive looked into it and aparently the 150pd engine is the weakest out of them all, so im just going to leave it, as for the comment you dont get want im trying to get at, i have always payed my insurance and tax and will carry on to do so.

Leontdii

Feb 15, 2010
Yep i get what i mean, Fair enough, im not doing it now anyways due to how much it costs and have taken your opinions into to considiration, What do you mean by that last bit?

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
Your insurance would be void due to undeclared modifications.
There's a reason you can't get insurance on a 150.

Anyway, there's a lot more work involved than just dropping in an engine.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
No your spot on, personal injury would be fun for the one with no insurance, for the rest of their lives.
The car they hit will get fixed.