engine swap? what engines?

conkerb

Feb 8, 2014
Ive got a 1.4 99 plate ibiza 6k and was wondering what engines go in? specifically engine codes and what mk cars they come out of (for rear enders ;) ) ive read that some vr6's fit but only want a 2.0 maybe turbo? is it just use the engine mounts from the old car the engine came from? or do i need to change the sub frame? and once its in i guess i need a bigger fuel pump, but is it then a case of wiring the ecu to the inside loom? and the engine should start?

conkerb

Feb 8, 2014
specifically the ayp engine as theres one on ebay im bidding on and at the moment its cheap

conkerb

Feb 8, 2014
Got upgraded brakes already, and looking at stiffer suspension but not much lower? Will the ayp 1.8t fit with its engine mounts or is it a problem because it's from a mk3 and mines a mk2

conkerb

Feb 8, 2014
Ok so bought the engine anyone know if my 1.4 gearbox will fit? Or if I change the gearbox can I keep my axles, also where is my gearbox code? Thanks

Mlyon89

Im also looking for this info! Mines a mk2 cupra Gti 8v but im wanting to spruce it up a bit! I know of a Stage 2 G60 engine for sale with gearbox etc.. but I fancy a 1.8 20v T.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members