Engine temp warning????

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ok the water temp gauge is bleeping and flashing at me on start up?!? any ideas on whats up?

the cra had revo stage two last week and i fitted a new chrome charge pipe on saturday. But i cant see nay of this effecting it?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ok looked at the coolant temp and its just under the top bar of the stared section.

Topped it up to just over and seems to have done the trick.

The main thing that worries me is that in the manual it says it could lose coolant to over heating or a leak! I havent noticed either. the car is only over a yera old!

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I would say top it up to the max permitted when cold. After is has cooled and has been stood overnight check the level again see if it has dropped, put a little mark on the coolant bottle with a felt tip for easy reference.

You can check your coolant temp accurately with vag-com.

Black Pig

Was having the same problem. Took it into the dealers and they found a coolant pipe leaking. I thought it might be the usual temp sensor in the header tank. Having the pipe replaced tomorrow. They just topped the coolant up in the meantime and the beeping has stopped. :)

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
hmmm I had this light flashing this moring, I'd started the car and was scraping the ice, then got in and noticed the light.

Now after driving for a bit it didn't stop flashing so I stopped and restarted and it was fine. I've spent about 2 hours in traffic this morning and the temp never went above 90 so I'm assuming that the sensor was out of range because of the cold.

Pete

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Not seen my gauge go over 90, but my problems were on start up when it was cold but not icy.

Glitch in the matrix?

Are you running revo stage two or anything (just trying to see if there is a common element or whether its a Leon thing)

Really surprised that it would go off if it just went under the first line of the hatched section. Anyone know the max fill mark?

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
What is going on with all this -I posted this in an earlier post this morning

''Got the beep on Saturday but not the -5deg C beep-
Low water level beep---WTF .
Checked coolent level- well down past the sensor.
First time I had this in two years (20,000 miles) will be keeping an extra eye on this as no visible leaks --whoops - Head Gasket ??''

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
Icecavern said:
hmmm I had this light flashing this moring, I'd started the car and was scraping the ice, then got in and noticed the light.

Now after driving for a bit it didn't stop flashing so I stopped and restarted and it was fine. I've spent about 2 hours in traffic this morning and the temp never went above 90 so I'm assuming that the sensor was out of range because of the cold.

Pete

SNAP!

Exactly my issue. Only does it on cold mornings.
No fluid loss at all so can't keep topping it up! :(

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Seems strange we are all getting it at once as the weather cant be identicle in all these locations? Maybe similar tho.

First time its happened to me as well! Bloody beeps are scary, my wallet runs and hides ever time it heres them!

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I had it too for the first time this morning....

Must be to do with the cold if we're all getting it at the same time I'd have thought?

I'll check all my levels tonight though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.