Engine temp warning????

IanKersh

Coolant Light Solution??

My coolant light was beeping on startup as well - Leon Cupra 1.8 20v T - and it seemed to be the colder mornings - but I live up North and it's always freezing up here!

I checked coolant levels and radiator fan was working, even leaks - all seemed fine.

However even if I just restarted the car straight away it didn't come back on... so I didn't think the sensor was 100% Makes sense really - as long as the light STAYS OFF whilst you drive there shouldn't be a real problem.

Anyway eventually I found the following webpage (can't post this link to rival site for some reason) -

seat enthusiasts dot co dot uk - /forum/faq.php?faq=faq_model_leon

I think it's just a faulty bottle/sensor.

Reassure you guys?

P.S. For some crazy reason this forum is modifying the URL to this rival site. I cannot add it for love nor money - looks correct (starred out) but goes off to another totally random site. NOT helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
Well i've filled it up to well over the Max level and its still beeping, but only when stone cold.

I have desided to have a go with one last thing before new sensor time!
I have drained some of the header tank and re filled with Anti-Freeze fluid to see if the strength has anything to do with it as mine seem to be quite weak.

Its bright pink now!!! :lol:

We'll see in the morning, -3*C here tonight :funk:

harty150

i have got a Leon Cupra r - all standard. I have got the 3 beeps when i start my engine, but reading the manual, it says to only use G 12 coolant - and this should never be mixed with other additives. Would it be ok to put in standard halfords anti-freeze for example? or do you HAVE to get the g 12 solution from seat? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

harty150

ok, i think i will take back the cheap halfords cr4p and get some g12 from the seat garage, did you got for the ready mix, or did you do it urself? im assuming u drained what was in there and started fresh with the halfords product?

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
No, just drain the header and refilled with a stronger solution.

Just bought the 1l Bottle for £5.99.

Ready mixed? You sure you not thinking of screen wash? :confused:
Never seen Coolant ready mixed.

harty150

Yea halfords do it ready mix - well the salisbury branch did! probably going to go for the easy option and get the g12 from seat then i dont have to drain it....can just add to it...hopefully they will have some in stock!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members