Engine Warning Light and Error Codes - Leon 1.2 mk3

sparks

Jul 7, 2018
Hi all, hope someone could offer some advice. I have a Seat Leon mk3 1.2 TSI, manual. Been fine so far. Was driving slow today for a while, in hot weather, parked up for a couple of hours, when I returned the Orange Engine Warning came on.

I’ve used Carista and it shows the following faults. I’ve looked them up but not exactly sure what they mean. Is this an instant trip to the garage? Or can I reset and see how it goes? I wondered if the hot weather was to blame on the sensors. Car seems to idle fine, and no unusual running up to this point.

P0036 - Heater Control Circuit
ABS - 16401 - Crankshaft / Camshaft Position Correlation Sensor
Engine - 17141 - Solenoid
Central Electrics - 197644

Thanks for any help.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I had 17faults the other day, electrics went mental, clear them on carista, leave the car off for half hour or so and try again.

If they don't bugger off then yep, of to the garage

sparks

Jul 7, 2018
Just wanted to post a resolution to this. Despite resetting the fault codes a number of times I still got P0036. Turns out this points to a faulty heated oxygen sensor 2 (the post cat one). Cleaning the electrics didn’t help so I ordered a replacement. You’re going to need a socket set that allows the cable to pass through, but once that was procured it was a 5 minute job to replace. So far so good. Thanks again for he initial advice.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.