EPC light on + occasionally TCS light

Feb 21, 2020
I have a 1.4ltr 100bhp 2004 Ibiza and roughly 5-6 years ago the lambda sensor got busted - engine light is constantly on. Yes that is annoying but that part is super expensive. Anyways, engine worked fine until few months ago.

When starting the engine, after few metres at low speed (near idle) the EPC would turn ON. Some times the TCS light would turn as well but not always. Idling would be slightly erratic - revs would drop fast and some times engine would just stop when pressing the clutch. On next start only engine light would be ON (lambda sensor) and would work fine.

Took it to a garage to have it checked but couldn't find anything <- I believe he didn't spend much time/effort on fault finding.

Any ideas or pointers? Reading the forum found something re. MAP sensor and/or Engine Speed Sensor.

Feb 21, 2020
To add further: If I drive slowly on 1st gear (or reverse) and lift the accelerator pedal, most of the times, revs will go down (below 800) and ECS light switches on until I switch off the engine. Next time I turn on engine, TCS will NOT be on (as in reset).
This started happening 6-7 months ago.