Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Error code after replacing coil pack

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by Benjaminb, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Benjaminb

Benjaminb Active Member

Hello, I was having trouble with misfires on foggy days. The biggest suspect was a broken coil pack, so I decided to replace it with a new aftermarket one. Misfires are now gone and engine seems to run smoothly with no problems, but as soon as I replaced coil pack I got codes p0351 and p0352. Before I was having only different codes-regarding misfires.
    What is a possible cause for this codes and should I drive the car regardless? I know that many are going to promote sticking with original parts, but paying 1/2 of a car's worth for a coil pack seems a bit unreasonable to me. Motoe is 1.4mpi and coil pack number is 032905106B

2. SEAT Rule

SEAT Rule Active Member

Hello there,

the error codes you have are I think for cylinders 1 & 2
    I think the last digit in those error codes refers to the cylinder that is playing up.

P0351 = cylinder 1
    P0352 = cylinder 2

Regarding the coil pack that is also fitted to the MK4 VW Golf
    Part number 32905106B
    None OEM range from £15 to £30
    OEM Genuine possibly £85 to £100

This could also be faulty HT leads which tend to play up in damp cold weather and when the engine is under load, like I say looks like cylinders 1 and 2 are misfiring.
    I'd be inclined to check the spark plugs and compare them to the ones in cylinders 3 and 4

Hope this helps
    Si