error codes present.

loopyleeinbath

Ello all, Think this is where to post this. These are the 2 errors that the garage keep coming up with in my cupra.
P1297

They said they both mean the same thing? possible sensor problem? Air pressure? All pipes have been checked ect, no air leak present. Car keeps holding back on power in a big way. Sometimes wont go over 40, then all of a sudden its ok and will be normal, then moments later back to limp mode. there is no uniform change, its random, but constantly doing it.

Lee

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
dv problem... what dv you running. change the valve then see if it still does it.

check the hose into the top vac nipple on the dv, prone to split.

check hoses coming from n249..

if all else fails then get a vagcom scan done mate

loopyleeinbath

The dv is a cupra 20v 1.8T standard i should have thought. The garage have checked over everything again today. Still no joy though. Guess a vahcom scan is the only option now. Bummer. Not sure what else to do if thats ok.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
vagcom, logs would be better... scan will pull those codes, but if you log, we could see whats up with it mate.

take it you dont have vagcom?

loopyleeinbath

I dont but the garage knows someone that does so they are going to run a scan. I will get them to print out the logs and post it up here as you guys seem to know what your on about. They have had my motor for nearly 3 weeks now and im kinda missing my wheels.

loopyleeinbath

Hey! my motor has been sorted and ready for pick up. The problem was a faulty air meter. I havent driven it again but we'll see when i get it back! Cheers for all the help chaps. Other thing whilst im here, Where is a good place to get kits from? Ive heard that there are plenty that dont fit properly.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.