ESP and boost problem

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Right I just plugged into vcds, came up with these 3 codes ones air bag so not worried about that yet. The other was central convienence module, again not to worried about that yet. It's the engine code that's related to my problem I think. The code I have is p17965 I have googled it and not having much luck all I seem to find is tdi problems. Can anyone shed some light on this code. And maybe a solution

Many thanks

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2012
Slough
17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
Possible Symptoms
Reduced power output
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Boost Pressure too High
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Possible Solutions
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
nice one mate, so basically could be my theory on the TIP which i should be able to rule out this week at some point as i have ordered a 3" forge one. if not then boost leaks or N75 valve...

Neil01Cupra

Warp drive restored capt. Kirk !!
Ref. post #3 changed my MAF today for brand new one from main dealer. Also replaced my standard crankcase breather hose fir CM silicone one and so far so good. Car boosting well through all gears and no ESP light.

Neil01Cupra

Well my good fortune lasted one day and trouble started all over again. Took it back to guy who mapped it yesterday and we found a few glitches had occurred in map, one in particular relating to dv which was causing lack of boost at irregular intervals.
MAF error also which we cleared.

Long story short it was the actual remap causing issues guess like a virus on computer. Anyway he went through remap and changed a few settings, reloaded onto ECU and so far so good. Drove 90 miles home last night after work and car no problems.

Long shot but as you also have car mapped could this possibly be your issue? Might be worth getting it checked. As I say as soon as my mapper plugged in laptop he saw straight away what my problem was.

Anyway good luck fixing it Brad hope you get it sorted, I feel you pain mate! Lol

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
I just started my car up and drove off. Got into 2nd gear at about 2k rpm the car sort of jolted a little and felt like it lost boost and I could hear the recirc dumping even though I hadn't taken my foot off the throttle. It didnt feel like a misfire. It has done this a couple of times before aswell. Would this be related?

wesson12

Feb 25, 2012
Nottingham
I once had to break sharp whilst swerving around something and I felt the car be corrected (esp/ abs) my t.c light stayed on until I turned the car off. Could be possibly letting you know that esp has been used?

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Thanks for the suggestion but its definately not that. There is a problem somewhere along the line. Have read on some threads on here that it could be my n75 valve or possibly my forge recirc.

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Could be worth checking it could be sticking there is a revised piston for some versions! I think the best option is to get some logs done on maff and boost. Could be overboost problem dodgy maff dodgy n75 beat way is to log it and see what happens

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Yehh problem is the one person I know with vagcom isn't very clued up on how to use it. He can check fault codes etc but he hasn't any idea when it comes to data logging. I'm going to try my recirc and n75 valve as one of my good mates has a LCR so I can just swap and test and hopefully get to the bottom of it. If this fails I might have to bite the bullet and book it into AMD or something.

beastgtir

Dec 26, 2012
Had this with mine, the traction light coming on.

Would do it randomly aswell, been fine since yesterday though.
gave it a good spirited drive and also a normal snail pace driver.
light did not flicker on,

one thing i did, well a couple..

i blew the maf with a hair drier
i changed the jubilee hoses for some high pressure ones that my mate uses on his 450 bhp civic.

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
u could of had a dodgy maf and the fact u blew a hairdryer through it probably cleared some crap off the sensor. or the old hoses probably collapsed under boost and the new ones you fitted are capable of handling the boost.

wish my problem was as easy lol

beastgtir

Dec 26, 2012
Jubilee clips/clamps I meant!

Best off getting a full diagnostic done with a smoke test!
Could be speed sensors/abs.

On Hondas. If the speed sensor doesn't read correctly, the Vtec does not cut in and they don't rev over 7k (usually the rev to 8200 on high cam)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.