ESP and boost problem

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
ohh my bad lol.
i did get my car plugged into vagcom and come up with this...

17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
Possible Symptoms
Reduced power output
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Boost Pressure too High
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Possible Solutions
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

unfortunatly my mates knowledge of vagcom is limited so we cant do live data logging

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
I'm at a total loss now. I just swapped my n75 valve, maf and recirc from my mate Matt off here. And my parts worked on his but on mine I still got this poxy boosting problem. No different. What else could bring the ESP light on and boost loss?

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
right I know ive checked all boost pipes visually and couldn't see anything but I think im gonna get the car leak tested. does anyone know anywhere around the harlow/Essex area that can do a boost leak test?

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
I have similar problems, mine doesnt bring on the ESP light though. Correct me if I'm wrong but does the N249 not have something to do with the ESP, I see yours is bypassed but it might be an electrical fault (assuming you still have it plugged in)? Mine too is overboosting, I have ran logs that confirm this, the boost spikes massively when you put the foot down then the DV opens (you can hear it) despite being on full throttle.

Running logs is easy, google it. You basically go into control module on vagcom, go to engine then instead of hitting fault codes hit measuring blocks. You want to measure blocks 115 and 118 if I remember right, that will give you actual and requested boost and N75 duty. Going to see about getting it leak tested today, can see this being a fruitless exercise though. I'm guessing its something electrical, possibly MAP sensor. I've changed the N75 and DV already to no avail.

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
I have rarely ever taken my car to a garage for anything. between me and my friends we do all the work required such as servicing etc but on this occasion im at a total loss so ive booked my car into AMD Essex for diagnostics and boost leak test wednesday. ive used AMD before on my previous cars for exhaust and remap and was very pleased at there work so if they cant find the fault I definitely wont!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
just thought I would update.
took the car to AMD and they had it on diagnostics. come up with the following.

17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
P1287 - 35-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

16487 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
P0103 - 35-10 - Signal too High - Intermittent

17963 - Charge Pressure
P1555 - 35-00 - Maximum Limit Exceeded

17608 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
P1200 - 35-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

the bloke there took it out for a spin and couldn't get the car to go into limp. he cleared these faults and advised I get a new MAF.

Ordered one from SEAT and fitted it today also reset the ECU and now the car feels like its boosting much better all round and I don't get the ESP light illuminate anymore which is good but when pushing it the car again goes into limp.

got the car scanned again by a friend and it comes up with:

17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
P1287 - 35-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

17963 - Charge Pressure
P1555 - 35-00 - Maximum Limit Exceeded

Obviously the MAF was faulty and needed replacing but this hasn't stopped limp mode :(

I have replaced and checked:

MAF - Genuine Seat
N75 valve
Recirc Valve
Checked boost leaks by myself and AMD (None found)
MAP sensor

any ideas people as im running out of ideas

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.