esp light

seattoledotdi

anyone in NG12 (Nottingham) with vag com Hex can cable to diagonise esp light fault on toledo tdi 2005 model.
thanks.

seattoledotdi

esp

hi
yes its on all the time. the switch does not turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i dont mean to put the fear of god into you but i've seen 5 cars around the same year with
exactly the same fault and its been the brake pressure sender inside the ABS pump, which requires a new abs pump. If you get it on vag com or a code reader it should come up with '-sender-1-g201-brake pressure sensor-'

Get a private warrenty if you dont have one.

seattoledotdi

esp

hi

thanks for the input. I hope its not that !
still waiting for an offer of vag com help.

seattoledotdi

esp

Hi
Thats what i am hoping.
Any suggestions what I could look at while I wait for a vagcom offer.
Thanks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i've seen 5 cars around the same year with
exactly the same fault and its been the brake pressure sender inside the ABS pump, which requires a new abs pump.

Sorry i'll explain a little more in-depth.

The several vehicles that i've seen have expecienced these symptoms:

-TCS or ESP light, out of the blue, comes on perminently
-It cannot be turned off with the button on the centre console
-when the fault memory is read it shows a fault with the brake pressure sensor
-the fault is fixed and not sporadic

The fault doesnt effect the ABS and doesnt bring on the ABS light, only the TSC/ESP. Normal braking is not effected. It tends to effect vehicles from 55reg to 06reg (only new leon, toledo and alteas)

The only way to rectify the fault is to replace the pump (hydrolic unit) because the sensor is intergrated. Once the new pump is fitted the sensors which the ABS and TCS/ESP use must be re-calibrated.

There doenst tend to be much that goes wrong with the TCS/ESP on new leons, toledos and alteas, its one of the systems VAG have made a good job of designing.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Is it on all the time, or does it come on (and stay on) after 8-10 minutes into a journey?

seattoledotdi

esp

hi
its on all the time.

initially when it came on it could be turned off with the switch. but then it would light up again after a short drive.
Now it is on all the time and the switch has no effect.
thanks

seattoledotdi

esp

come on guys (and guls)there must be some one out ther with vagcom who can oblige.

seattoledotdi

esp

Thanks a lot for your offer but that is a bit far for me at the moment.
I am hoping for some local help.

kevinmac87

just bought an 03 leoan cupra r and the same things happening with me. dealer ran the diagnostics and its showing G214 brake pressure sender. this mean thats fdeffo the problem?

kevinmac87

Well the delaer said it was wanting him to do wireing checks bt theres no delaer local to me. The dealer i went to was jst where i bought the car, but the guy reckoned it looked like it myt need a new master cylinder. Any advice i aint the most mechanicly minded person