European Leon MK1 20VT4

ivo098

Apr 29, 2009
Bulgaria
I bought the car a little over 2 years ago.
My requirements for the car were very specific. I wanted Seat Leon with 1.8T engine, Cupra optics and four wheel drive, which happened to be very rare combination, and it took me 7 months looking all over Europe until I found and bought my car from Latvia.
One previous owner, full history, 92 000 km on the clock and a lot of options ordered:

Fully electrical leather/alcantara interior, front seats heating, headlights washing system, cruise control, + other standard options.

Full stock when I bought it.

p1010259s.jpg

p1010262q.jpg

p1010043n.jpg

What I have done until now:

FMIC
Remapped
De-cat
Apexi intake
18" Alessio wheels
10mm front spacers
17mm rear spacers
Golf 4 R32 front arms and wipers
Golf 5 rear arm and wiper
Aftermarket projectors installed in the stock headlights
Cupra 4 Steering Wheel

Future plans:

Full Recaro interior from Leon Cupra 2.8
Instrument cluster from Golf 4 R32 or Passat B5.5 4.0 W8
Double DIN Android unit (got the double DIN console already)
LCR Brembo-s
Big Turbo EFR series most probably

Later I will post some photos of the upgrades completed until now.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Damn you Europeans get all the good toys!! :D I'm not surprised it took you so long to find one, the 4x4's are difficult enough to find on their own! And then you mention in your future plans about the Cupra 2.8 interior, that's like taking some rocking horse p00p and some hens teeth and making a blue moon!! :)

ivo098

Apr 29, 2009
Bulgaria
Headlights are custom made, integrating aftermarket projectors in the stock headlights. Idea is to look as stock as possible without, LEDs, angel eyes, devil eyes and so on...

20120118153906.jpg

george_seamons

Nov 20, 2007
They look perfect, exactly what I'm after. I hate angel eyes on these cars, it just doesn't look right.

Do you have any details of how it was done, or links to what you used? Think I might have to take some inspiration from you if thats ok :)

george_seamons

Nov 20, 2007
They are nice, but VERY expensive! Shows as being £400 odd when put into the correct currency?!

Shame, because all the ones on eBay have the tacky angel eyes rings built in :(

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Glad to see a fellow leon 4 on here! There's not many of them.. Like what you did so far, looking forward to more pics!

ivo098

Apr 29, 2009
Bulgaria
Little update. As my Leon was not ordered with Cupra 4 interior from factory, I am starting to assemble it piece by piece.

This is what I found by accident on a very good price.

20120727190955.jpg

It needs a little cleaning but general condition is quite good. Problem is that there are scratches on the logo at the bottom but I can't find the part number for the logo only. Can anybody help?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise