European Road trip

Deleted member 103408

You get the wreck back in the same way as you would if you have a crash. Thats what insurance is for.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Deleted member 103408

Understand that but to be fair that is a track day in the UK, If you bash the car or blow the engine you need to move the car onto the road before you call the AA/RAC/GREEN FLAG, and I would further add that when you are on a new track (or motorway / new twisty road) you dont go full throttle up front. You have a gentle drive round and during the day you slowly pick up the speed till you are comfortable (and in my case no more).

The guys who helped me get on the track gave me the following advise about insurance - In General everybody there is having fun and are much more focused on making sure they dont bash there cars up (my simplification). Yes accidents do happen (as they do on the road) but and its a BIG BUT its in your own interest to play nice, there is a flag system in place to warn you that the guy behind you want to get past you if you are in his way. There are not races it about people having fun on a road designed for speed.

Its not for everybody and the point here is people could come along and watch / be passengers just for a drive out.
Me I will be on the track

Reactions: kanyewest

billy

Dec 12, 2018
Just putting this out there...

I think some point next year I'd be well up for a road trip to somewhere in Europe if a few cars were up for it?

Few ideas..

Cupra factory in spain
Any big tracks for track time
Great roads to drive on

Be a good laugh if we get a trip record for people on here to follow. Maybe if we're allowed we could get a new car to test out for this journey as I remember seeing that a long time ago when @Syphon did it.

Thoughts or ideas welcome...

Cheers

me and a few others would be very interested in this

Deleted member 103408

Started to look into this.

I have a trackday event on the 1st and 2nd April at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium.

track.jpg

track2.jpg

I am looking at a ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge on the 30th March (leave Hull at 18:30 and arrive Zeebrugge (31st) at 09:30

There is then a 2 hour 40 minute drive to the track (going to look for somewhere to stay next) - I am going the day before as the start of the track day is 07:20 so need a good nights sleep before getting there.

The track is 4.4 miles long so will be a great drive, the track day is a single uk company event and the max number of cars on the track is set at 70 so there will be lots of space to have some fun.

check out http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/discover-region

Currently I am looking at returning on the 2nd (ferry leaves Zeebrugge at 19:00 but could look at other dates if there is stuff to do and interest.

Nothing booked just looking at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kanyewest

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm doing MK > Maranello for Ferrari, Lamborghini and Ducati and also MK>Stuttgart for Porsche next year all in the Cayman.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Started to look into this.

I have a trackday event on the 1st and 2nd April at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium.

View attachment 3305

View attachment 3306

I am looking at a ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge on the 30th March (leave Hull at 18:30 and arrive Zeebrugge (31st) at 09:30

There is then a 2 hour 40 minute drive to the track (going to look for somewhere to stay next) - I am going the day before as the start of the track day is 07:20 so need a good nights sleep before getting there.

The track is 4.4 miles long so will be a great drive, the track day is a single uk company event and the max number of cars on the track is set at 70 so there will be lots of space to have some fun.

check out http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/discover-region

Currently I am looking at returning on the 2nd (ferry leaves Zeebrugge at 19:00 but could look at other dates if there is stuff to do and interest.

Nothing booked just looking at this stage.

I've driven to Spa and Nurburgring, piece of piss to drive to. I stayed in Stavelot in a holiday camp when I was at Spa with SEAT Sport.

Deleted member 103408

I've driven to Spa and Nurburgring, piece of piss to drive to. I stayed in Stavelot in a holiday camp when I was at Spa with SEAT Sport.
Andrew Is there much 99 ron fuel around in belgium.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members