Evo 10 calipers for LCR?

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Brembo's on my LCR are looking a bit worn and I've come across a full set of Evo 10 calipers (front and rear with pads) for a good price so I'm wondering if if anyone has ever tried fitting these or know if they will fit?

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Just realised the spelling typo in the title could an admin fix this if they see it?

Current calipers need a complete refurb really, paint missing, scratches dints etc

Problem I have is I can't afford to have the car off the road and I have zero free time with family and work commitments etc so it would be quite difficult to find the time to take the calipers off, refurb them myself or send them off to be refurbed and fit again.

There's a chance I can get the Evo 10 calipers (front and rear with pads) for £300 so seems like a bargain. Then refurb and sell on the LCR brembo's

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
are your brembo's working? seems a bit daft to change them just because they look a bit tatty.It takes half an hour a side to change the pads,fluid a little longer unless you have an extra pair of hands.
Or a garage could do it for alot less than 300 sniffs.
Evo X ones will almost certainly mean making up some brackets to mount them,and possibly new discs too.(add another 300 quid to your list)

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
yeah brakes are good, they just look a mess (especially now I have new alloys). Brackets I could possibly get done for free.

So it would just be the discs unless I can use the existing ones.

I think my main thoughts are if I can buy the calipers for £300 it worthwhile as it will allow me to use bigger discs in the future and I can probably reclaim some of the cost by selling on my brembos.

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
When you say they 'look a mess' remember if it's just Flaking lacquer on the Brembo's this can be repaired in less than 2 hrs DIY job. 1 can of lacquer, masking tape and you will be amazed at the results.

(p.s. you can edit the title yourself)

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I'll take some pics, on one brembo its looks like all the paint has gone and its down to bare metal. I don't have much faith in my own abilities to do a good job of reburbing them either, lol

I looked before to edit the title, I found it now under advanced, cheers :)

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
will probs just be a set of brackets and get a machining company to sort summat out, if you can fit porsche brakes dont see why evo ones wont fit, specially as they are probably brembos anyway

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise