Ex- Rental Leons for sale

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
In my search for a used or new leon at a good price, it appears that there are a lot of ex rental Leon SE's hitting the market, mostly 1.6 TDI's but some 1.2 TSI's as well.

They don't have the tech pack but do have metallic paint, they are all about 6 months old and have about 14k miles. The 1.2's are advertised at about £11.5k and diesels from about £12.5k, so about 3k less than a new one from DTD.

On the face of it these seem really good value, but then they have probably been driven hard by many different owners. But if I'm only going to have it for a couple of years within the warranty period, would this be a problem?

This must also be hitting the values of privately owned cars :confused:

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
I've owned two ex-rental cars a Fiesta and an Astra ,neither gave any issues were in good condition in and out, if you are not going to keep it outside the warranty there is limited downside, you get the security of the warranty and good reduction in price. No tech pack in most or any that I have seen that look like ex-rental.

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
A have a 1.2 tsi and previous owner was europcar had 15 k on clock 10 month old ano its alot but a have a warranty if big things go wrong i wouldnt worry about it .

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
A have a 1.2 tsi and previous owner was europcar had 15 k on clock 10 month old ano its alot but a have a warranty if big things go wrong i wouldnt worry about it .

My 1.2 TSI SE is also an ex Europcar rental and had 15k on the clock.... Bought from Arnold Clark at the end of november for just under 13,000.... only option on it was metallic paint no tech pack but that doesn't bother me...

Last edited:

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Why not just look for an ex demo in the dealers thats what I did for my MK 2 and am doing now for a MK 3 some good savings and you have dealer backup at least if its a decent dealer

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
I also got mine from arnoldclark :) 13 plate no tech pack but a can deal with normal lights. Plus a dont go places a dont know for sat nav lol got mine in metalic white a think haha