Excess polution/diagnosis light

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I've used the search!

Ha I have my Vag-Com cable in the post but to ease my mind could anyone shed some light on my symptoms?

Had the light on for over a week now and only now have I started to notice anything different to the drive. Still drives fine and (I dont think) I have any changes in performance BUT just recently, the last couple of days, every now and then when pulling away from stand still there is a very slight hesitancy, not massive but like its pulling away and then possibly the turbo cuts out then I give it more beans and it goes again. . .
I'm pretty sure the turbo is fine, I've got full Seat service history (I have a 02 plate leon cupra 20vt) and if it was on the way out Seat would've said, right? So that leads me to think my orange light is a sensor blown maybe on the air intake so I'm not getting as much into the car when needed (hence the stuttering?)

Also I think since the light came on but actually it might have been happening before, when at standstill my temp reads 90 degrees, normal, but when driving it drops to 75 degrees, never any lower but vary rarely higher. Normal? I've only had the car a few months and all my other cars' temps were always at 90.

Feedback would be great, thanks. I'll also post my Vag codes when I get the cable :)

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Just read that sticky (a very good read!) conclusion - it's not the coilpack. No smell of eggs (though I did think it was that a while ago when parked at work but got out and I was parked right behind a wet big dog poo giving the smell!), no bad juddering, no dodgy tickover and no flashing light. Thanks for the input though :)

Next???

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
That's what I'm thinking, gonna see what code I get from Vag-com but I'm betting a sticky thermostat/broken temp sensor.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Thermostat wont bring on the EML as far as I'm aware, mine went couple of weeks ago and it bought no lights on.

I've also replaced the MAF sensor and this usually brings on the TC light.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i had the same problem 6 month ago and it was the lamber senser under the bonnet thats on the back of the mainfold its got a built in chip on the senser and ho brace your self it was £130 from the stealers and its a stealer part only

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Well driving to work I look down and the light has gone off. I burst into laughter, I'm very happy now BUT why would it switch off? Had been on all week and now hasn't been on all day. . . Something to do with the cold weather? I have my Vag-com in the post so will look into a fault code probably at the weekend but still has anyone else had this happen - the light just disappearing?