Exeo 2010 Bluetooth issue

May 21, 2019
Seat Exeo 2.0 CR TDI SE 143PS 4DR its a 2010 model with the original Radio installed

It has bluetooth and my phone is connected to it and I can make receive calls through the car speakers.
When I play my Spotify it doesn't play through the car only through the phone and I must connect a cable, this is VERY annoying.
Also in the glove box there is space for a USB stick and when I tried to use this it's not connecting.
Is this because it was an added extra I needed to get installed/upgraded to when the car was purchased (i got it second hand)

Any ideas???

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Exeos use 2006 tech from the A4 B7, bluetooth audio streaming was still being invented when Audi made the kit. The USB port only supports up to 4GB sticks so that's pretty much useless as well.

If you have the Tech model with sat nav, the 2x SD card slots behind the screen each support 32GB SDHC and show the track name on the screen. If you have the CD radio option, you're probably better off upgrading to something more modern. You'll also need an aerial adaptor, steering wheel adaptor and sound system adaptor (2 types, Bose & no Bose) in order to get it all working.

Reactions: caldi
May 21, 2019
Exeos use 2006 tech from the A4 B7, bluetooth audio streaming was still being invented when Audi made the kit. The USB port only supports up to 4GB sticks so that's pretty much useless as well.

If you have the Tech model with sat nav, the 2x SD card slots behind the screen each support 32GB SDHC and show the track name on the screen. If you have the CD radio option, you're probably better off upgrading to something more modern. You'll also need an aerial adaptor, steering wheel adaptor and sound system adaptor (2 types, Bose & no Bose) in order to get it all working.

Thanks for the information, as I expected wasn't installed in the car.
Looks like i'll be sticking to the cable option for now.

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
Or buy a separate Bluetooth (aptX) audio receiver and wire it permanently up to the AUX audio input of the radio....

Note: aptX is currently the best audio Bluetooth technology but not all smartphones support it....
A2DP is less quality audio.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020
I have just bought the 2.0 cr tdi 143 2010 Exeo. How do I connect my phone? When I click mode it says insert phone, but I cant find where to do this.
Also I have an aux lead and nothing seems to happen with it. I do not have a USB port or Sat nav. just standard radio system. Please help! :)

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
Most likely you need to setup in the radio a pincode first.
Then on your phone scan for Bluetooth devices...

Feb 17, 2020
Most likely you need to setup in the radio a pincode first.
Then on your phone scan for Bluetooth devices...
How do I set up the pin code? Sorry for the hassle? Also do I need to scan straight after starting the ignition?

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
What is radio model?
My factory installed RNS-E cannot play via Bluetooth, only using the AUX input.

Feb 17, 2020
not sure what model. Its just the factory one. I have an aux port at my handbrake. but how do I get it to play?

Attachments

• radio.JPG
    radio.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 998

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
its the same radio thats it mine you need to press and hold the CD button on the radio until AUX appears on the screen then using a 3.5mm jack lead from your phone/ipod then plug into the AUX next to the handbrake quite a basic system you can only adjust the volume via the car

Feb 17, 2020
its the same radio thats it mine you need to press and hold the CD button on the radio until AUX appears on the screen then using a 3.5mm jack lead from your phone/ipod then plug into the AUX next to the handbrake quite a basic system you can only adjust the volume via the car
brilliant, thank you so much. I will give this ago after work.
Appreciate all your help, thanks guys! :)