Exeo carpet

Riley TDi

Jan 12, 2015
Cumbria
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where to acquire an interior carpet for my Exeo saloon. I had a lot of water ingress and although I have sorted the problem, the original carpet is sodden and smelly. Hopefully it will dry and come clean, but i would appreciate any help in locating a replacement should it be needed.

Riley TDi

Jan 12, 2015
Cumbria
Thank you for the reply caldi, i already have the carpet out, it is now residing in the garage. i have drawn out as much as i can using a vax and am going to hang it to drip out. i will also use a dehumidifier thanks to your input. :cheers:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
There's a lot of foam in these cars, for your carpets to get wet it must've been an issue for a while, or in a flood. May I ask what caused it and if you have any issues going forward? Was it the drain bungs in the bulkhead or something else I need to worry about?

There are a few cars breaking on eBay, it might be worth messaging them to see if they still have the carpets available. That said they might arrive with a different smell - oil!

Carpet from the dealer will be hundreds of pounds, that's probably not worth considering.

My advice to help eradicate the smell is to give the carpet a good scrub with an industrial carpet cleaner, or one from a valeting supplies company. The stuff in Halfords & co is mostly water, you want hardcore concentrated stuff. Vax it as best as you can and take advantage of the warm weather and leave it outside to dry. Before you put it back in, give it a couple of Shake N Vacs to give the carpet some extra freshness and struggle like hell getting them back in. I hate carpets, they're so awkward to work with. If I made cars, I'd make them in sections. With regards to the foam, I'd try some kitchen/bathroom cleaner on it.

Good luck!

Riley TDi

Jan 12, 2015
Cumbria
Hi tom, thank you for your advice. The water ingress was caused by a broken lug on the pollen filter box. As it was not tightly fitted the water simply spilled through into the cabin and proceeded to soak into the foam and sponge, I agree it must have been happening for some time as the amount of water to cause this must have been quite substantial. Both drains are completely clear too.

Riley TDi

Jan 12, 2015
Cumbria
Thanks again for the input mate, I have fitted a second hand pollen filter box and the leak is gone :clap: I have also now got a nice clean carpet and a car that no longer smells. It was a faf of a job to do but definitely worth it in the end.

Riley TDi

Jan 12, 2015
Cumbria
It certainly seems to be a weakness in the design, although I am just happy to have my car back on the road. I had to drive my wife’s peugeot 207 all week and it really wasn’t pleasant. :happy:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members