Exeo Cupra R

BojanRS4

So I've heard romors that Seat is planing Exeo cupra R, should have Audi RS4 B7 wide body but no high reving 4.2 V8 but posible S4 B8 supercharged V6 detuned to 290-300HP. 7 speed DSG and 6 speed manual transmissions are concidered. It'll have Audi RS4 Cabriolet interior with sedan extirior alikes. Seat will install different seats, steering wheel and exterior body kit will differentiate from audis a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
If they did, I'd be very interested. As it is, I doubt that's true.

BojanRS4

If they did, I'd be very interested. As it is, I doubt that's true.

I'm sure they will build one as a concept for one of the upcoming car shows, however, chances are slim to none to go to production:(

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I seriously doubt they would do such a power car on FWD? I may be wrong of course.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
So I've heard romors that Seat is planing Exeo cupra R, should have Audi RS4 B7 wide body but no high reving 4.2 V8 but posible S4 B8 supercharged V6 detuned to 290-300HP. 7 speed DSG and 6 speed manual transmissions are concidered. It'll have Audi RS4 Cabriolet interior with sedan extirior alikes. Seat will install different seats, steering wheel and exterior body kit will differentiate from audis a bit.

and pigs might fly too.

I just don't see it. This sort of car is completely out of SEAT's price band.

Not to mention the fact that SEAT have dropped the Cupra R brand - the FR is the 'new' Cupra and Cupra is the 'new' Cupra R

I thought this was pretty common knowledge now?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001

And where did you hear these rumours?

BojanRS4

And where did you hear these rumours?

Some people from Audi, and it is not decided what it's gonna be called, FR, Cupra or Cupra R or something totaly different and new. First we should see a body kit on one of the upcoming shows and early next year an actual wide body Exeo Concept.

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
and pigs might fly too.

I just don't see it. This sort of car is completely out of SEAT's price band.

Not to mention the fact that SEAT have dropped the Cupra R brand - the FR is the 'new' Cupra and Cupra is the 'new' Cupra R

I thought this was pretty common knowledge now?

There will be a new leon cupra r at the end of the year/begining of next. It remains to be seen whether it will come to the uk or not!

Can't see an exeo cupra r to be honest and dsg gearbox will not fit in the exeo!

Fixxer

I spoke to my local dealer about an Exeo only last weekend and he said that they were told on a recent demo week in Spain "Categorically, if there was going to be a Cupra model of the Exeo, it wouldn't be for at least 3 years and probably not until it gets its first facelift and the price has come down a bit"

Which is a shame as I'm currently looking for a motorway cruiser and really wanted to stick with SEAT, purely for sentiments sake, but it looks like its going to have to be an Audi or Merc.

Alex

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I smell bs.

Biggest siren went off when I read "quattro just like RS4".

Quattro is purely for Audi's use, no other VAG brand. HALEX maybe, Quattro no.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Not quite comparable though.

I'm not fussed about quattro, but I would be amazed if Seat could do anything with the presence of the RS4 with the Exeo.

Leonidas

I think the Exeo would be perfect for a hot bocanegra version [B)]
Has a similar front to the beeza........

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise