Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Exeo or no exeo

Discussion in 'Exeo & Exeo ST' started by Bwood44, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

Hey all just looking some advice thinking of changing my Leon for an 2013 exeo estate tdi but reading some bad things about water leaking into foot wells and collecting in battery box etc. is this a fault on all exeos? And just general opinions on weather they are a good wagon or worth avoiding. Cheers any advice appreciated :cheers:

2. MATT RILEY

MATT RILEY Oil burner

Push the N/S drain out of the plenum chamber and you will never have a problem, will take all of 30 second's. They are a sound car with no real problems. Go for it!

caldi and Pbsky72 like this.
  3. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

Cheers mat have a good history with seats apart from water leak problems. Appreciate the reply

4. Dark Andrew

Dark Andrew Active Member

Also, if possible, try to get one that hasn't had the emissions fix software update - there's a whole Face Book group dedicated to people who've had this fix done and claim to have had significant problems as a result.

5. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

I was worried about that would you have any idea how to find a vin number from a reg. ref is df62 gkc Cheers

6. MATT RILEY

MATT RILEY Oil burner

On the other hand mine had the emissions fix 3 years ago and has never had a problem, I'm sure there are people who have but there are two sides to every coin. The chassis is tryed and tested and the power train is good. Would probably give a wide berth to a high mile multitronic with no history though!

7. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

Yeah suppose it’s the risk u take but think I’d prefer it doesn’t have it can’t get the vin to check. Mate in work has a golf had it done and it regens like crazy can’t get it sorted tho his touran has it with no issues. It’s 2.0 tries manual estate 70k seems a good motor.

8. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

So the car has had the fix done to it. Think I’ll give it a miss too much of a risk to take

9. chriswales6

chriswales6 Active Member

I was also looking at the Exeo to replace my 2003 Leon. Then the emissions thing hit and put a big unknown in my mind. Thankfully my Leon is still going so didn't replace it in the end.

As above the water under the battery is common but is an easy fix if you catch it early and you're best avoiding the CVT.

Most of the parts are shared with the older Audi A4 and easy enough to source. Body panels on the other hand aren't since not many were sold so even a small amount of damage could write off the car.

Given the price now they're certainly worth a look, although the emissions fix would always be bothering me.

10. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

The car had the fix in 2016 and in the 3 years no faults apparently so still considering I think. What’s the cvt?

11. '& Son' managed

'& Son' managed Third Party

CVT is a type of automatic transmission.

12. Bwood44

Bwood44 Active Member

Ah deadon would be a manual car not a fan of autos. Fix is the only thing putting me off lol

13. chriswales6

chriswales6 Active Member

The oil cooler for the auto gearbox is inside the radiator and they often start leaking.
    Mixing engine coolant in the gearbox, you then need a new gearbox.

14. Pbsky72

Pbsky72 Active Member

How is this done ?

15. MATT RILEY

MATT RILEY Oil burner

Get a long 2ft thin bar, put steering on rh lock and follow the track rod on the NSF to under the battery from the wheel arch on the NSF. You will see a rubber bung hanging down about 2 cm long, gently push this out. Done, no more water leaks.

Pbsky72 likes this.
  16. Pbsky72

Pbsky72 Active Member

Fantastic I will give that a go much appreciated

17. caldi

caldi Active Member

I just reached under the plenum chamber and felt around on the right of the battery untill I felt the bung, I then used a flat bladed screwdriver to flip it down and out, easy.

18. Nollywood

Nollywood Active Member

I reached under the plenum by hand, on the near side, and simply pulled it out.

I’m going to try the same on the offside.

19. the stripler

the stripler Fighter pilot on Rails

Hi
    How did you manage to reach under the battery to get to the bung in plenum chamber ?

Gonna be sorting this out today, but i understood it was a battery out job?

20. caldi

caldi Active Member

Lean over the nsf wing and reach under the washer reservoir to about 30cm below the left side of the battery. You will feel a rubber bung about 9cm x 6cm, use a flat blade screwdriver to flip it out.