Exeo - some different pictures and opinions

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I too feel the front just looks to squashed up for a large car. My wife has just had her new Ibiza today and it looks great on a car that size but out of proportion on a larger car if that makes sense.

To the person that said it looks better than any Alfa..:ban:

Leonidas

I cant wait to take one for a rip. does any1 know when its comin too ireland???

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Saw my first one yesterday with Hobin of Manchester stickers all over it. Was in black and think it was a Sport. Looked awesome, although getting used to the rear end will take some time! Give it a couple of years and I may get the estate!

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
I too feel the front just looks to squashed up for a large car. My wife has just had her new Ibiza today and it looks great on a car that size but out of proportion on a larger car if that makes sense.

To the person that said it looks better than any Alfa..:ban:

I was including Alfas in my short list of similar segment cars which look better than the Exeo :)

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Well ours has arrived and is availible for demo's

Just give us a call and book yourself in

Irfan

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
You've gotta remember that the exeo is just the previous model audi A4 with some bodywork and interior modifications. The A4 was criticised for its lack of rear legroom, but the build quality was second only to BMW. And the lack of room for working on the belts etc on the longitudinal engine, well the front, that being the bumper, radiator, headlights etc are released and move forward by about 10 inches to service position where it is much simpler to work on the engine. No wiring or pipework is disconnected to do this btw. I still think its a pretty smart car nonetheless.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i didn't like the look of it at first...but when seeing the EXEO sport model in the flesh it is REALLY smart, and the interior is of the highest quality i have ever seen in any SEAT

I was including Alfas in my short list of similar segment cars which look better than the Exeo :)

alfas are the wrong way to go...unless you're not bothered about spending huge amounts repairing interior and exterior faults/damage (worst cars for wear and tear)...never been really worthy of an Italian breed

Last edited:

Jonno

Back to the Seat fold
May 3, 2002
Nottinghamshire
Visit site
I looked at a Sport one in the showroom at the Seat dealer near Pride Park Derby yesterday. I was impressed with the build quality and I wouldn't mind having one.

The only issue I have is the oddly placed handbrake still set up for left hand drive and the useless centre armrest which is very small but still manages to get in the way of the handbrake.

I know you can fold it out the way, but the items in it will be rattling around.

I would have thought Seat could have retooled a small area of plastic to be set up for right hand drive.

Cheers

Jonno

SEAT UK PR

Not as yet and no lairy V8 either - i did ask the SEAT PR man and he say no :(

Still the case, UncleFester - though of course you are both right in that the car could be easily engineered to accept both four-wheel drive and 6- or 8-cylinder engines. But we have to be realistic about sales in the UK market. To launch a V8 in this segment, with such focus on CO2 emissions, mpg and taxation, simply doesn't make any commercial sense. Neither does 4WD.

But never say never. Let's see what happens to the markets across Europe in the next few years in terms of an economic recovery!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Still the case, UncleFester - though of course you are both right in that the car could be easily engineered to accept both four-wheel drive and 6- or 8-cylinder engines. But we have to be realistic about sales in the UK market. To launch a V8 in this segment, with such focus on CO2 emissions, mpg and taxation, simply doesn't make any commercial sense. Neither does 4WD.

But never say never. Let's see what happens to the markets across Europe in the next few years in terms of an economic recovery!

We both know the other reason it won't get those options is because it will upset the premium brands - Audi and VW ..... it would give the current RS$ a real scare as the price would be an utter bargain by comparison :)

It's both a blessing and a burden being part of the VAG stable. I do hope they stick something fruity in there :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.