Exeo that seat didn’t want to fix

chris collins

Sep 6, 2018
recently my 2011exeo has disco lights appear on the dash highlighting some faults, I sent it to seat and basically was fobbed off .

The coil light appeared first, then the engine management light, next TMS then the ABS light followed by limp mode.

So seat kindly replaced the ABS unit and then basically condemned the car....

So I have an independent electrical guy now looking at it and advising fault codes of P067000, P242600and P004700 are showing.

I remember the seat guy mentioning a lot of water in scuttle by the ecu,

Does anyone have any experience or can maybe share some knowledge. As I love the car and don’t want to let her go.

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Unfortunately the Exeo along with the A4 B5-B7 and Passat which share the same floor plan suffer with flooding in the scuttle area if not cleaned out regularly which usually results in wet footwells and followed by electrical issues if not sorted in the early days. It’s a design flaw which never really got sorted best prevention is too remove the rubber bungs under the scuttle to avoid any debris blocking them. Google “wet footwells” there’s plenty of threads on the Audi forums.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Hello and welcome, shame it's under these circumstances.

The water in the scuttle has caused the issue, as Dicko90 said it's been covered a lot on Passat and Audi forums over the years.

I bought a 53 reg Passat last year when I sold my first Exeo, less than a week later it was dead on my drive. Water built up in the scuttle, made its way past the pollen filter and into the cabin where it corroded a load of wires and killed one of the control modules. I found a guide on Google and followed the instructions to eradicate the scuttle issue, then used another link to repair the wiring. I got a used control module from eBay and everything was well again after all that. The Exeo has the same scuttle design as the Passat but the water can get into the cabin via the pollen filter and the ECU wiring grommet. When I found out the Exeo has the same issue as the Passat I had, I made this post which contains the link for removing the grommets https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....-make-sure-your-battery-isnt-swimming.442879/

My advice to your auto electrician is to check the wires and connectors going to the "faulty" control modules that the diagnostic scan picked up. Also, check the ECU box as it's not waterproof.

FYI:
P0670 is a fault with the Glow Plug Module Circuit
P2426 is a fault with the EGR Cooling Valve Control Circuit
P0047 is a fault with the Turbo Boost Control Solenoid Circuit

Have you contacted SEAT customer services regarding this? A dealer shouldn't walk away from a car, I've worked in many and we've always been quite happy working through the issues as long as the customer has the money to pay for it. I also don't think it's fair that you paid for an ABS module when it may not have needed one.

I wish you and your auto electrician the best of luck.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.