Exeo Thermostat... Change temp switch too??

Loony R

Quattro ist fur sissies
Nov 23, 2007
Rossendale
Afternoon everyone!
I recently got myself an Exeo st Sport cr170 and I'm looking at replacing the thermostat over weekend. is it sensible to change the temp switch at the same time like on other cars?
I'm also new to this engine so any tips would be ace ta

Martin22

Jan 3, 2019
Afternoon everyone!
I recently got myself an Exeo st Sport cr170 and I'm looking at replacing the thermostat over weekend. is it sensible to change the temp switch at the same time like on other cars?
I'm also new to this engine so any tips would be ace ta
hi there

I have the same car (ST 170) and in the Winter the engine struggles to get to temperature - hovers around the 60 mark. Did you have a similar problem please? Hence your need to change the thermostat
thanks

SEATA4

Nov 23, 2016
I think they are all slow to warm up ? mine takes at lease 10 to 15 minutes and thats running at 50 to 60 MPH. Just wish it was easy to block some of the rad off.

Loony R

Quattro ist fur sissies
Nov 23, 2007
Rossendale
hi there

I have the same car (ST 170) and in the Winter the engine struggles to get to temperature - hovers around the 60 mark. Did you have a similar problem please? Hence your need to change the thermostat
thanks
I think they are all slow to warm up ? mine takes at lease 10 to 15 minutes and thats running at 50 to 60 MPH. Just wish it was easy to block some of the rad off.
Blocking the rad would not do anything, the heat is being sent to the interior of your car, turn the temp down and wear a quilted jacket, hat and gloves, or just don't worry about it, its a function of the efficiency of the engine, more kinetic energy, less thermal.
Yeah it’s really slow to get to 90* even with the heat/blowers off (which is crap at 04:30 in the winter!) my issue is that when it does eventually get to 90* it struggles to stay there! Surely the job of the thermostat is to help keep the temp constant? Not only that I’m worried it’s the cause of my pants mpg figures at present.

Loony R

Quattro ist fur sissies
Nov 23, 2007
Rossendale
Haha yeah looks like there’s plenty to pull out of the way! All visible tho, unlike the sensor tucked right round the back!
Oh well

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members