Exeo's in the UK

Devoured1

Oct 17, 2012
Wirral
I've managed to find out that 81.5k Exeo's were produced in total, but does anyone know how many were sold in the UK?

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
What was the reason for stopping production? Currently in the market for a larger family car and these have caught my eye, relatively cheap and essentially an Audi A4.

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
The B7 A4 was first introduced in 2004, SEAT stopped production of the Exeo 10 years later, while most european cars have a model change every 4-5 years. Arguably it has become a bit dated (especially inside) to carry on much further.

plus the Leon ST was introduced in 2013 which essentially replaced it.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
The B7 A4 was first introduced in 2004, SEAT stopped production of the Exeo 10 years later, while most european cars have a model change every 4-5 years. Arguably it has become a bit dated (especially inside) to carry on much further.

plus the Leon ST was introduced in 2013 which essentially replaced it.

Ah I see. In terms of parts etc, are these still readily available?

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Parts are still available generally but watch for Exeo specific parts such as headlights, bumpers as these are either very expensive or not made anymore.

I was surprised at the link - less 400 in my model registered. That makes it rarer than my other car which i thought was already rare - a Corrado VR6 which has less than 900 registered.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
The parts availability is good and bad.

In terms of brakes & suspension it's very good as they have been fitted to many other VW Group cars for over 20 years and as such, the market is flooded with parts at low prices. The dashboard is the same as an A4 Convertible and there are loads of them being broken for spares on the internet so the parts can be cheap. The exterior door trims, rear doors (fronts fit but mirrors are in different places), radiator, intercoolers, air con parts and most of the interior trim are shared with the A4 so they're reasonably priced too. The engine is shared with the newer A4 and A5 so parts are readily available but not necessarily cheap! The bad news is the Exeo specific stuff like headlights, bumpers, bonnet, front wings, wheels, etc are really expensive and hard to get in the UK as it was poorly promoted and no-one bought it. Bumpers are still available, last time I asked TPS they were over £400 each and then you have to add the grilles and diffusers. These cars are rare and are only becoming rarer as they get written off in minor prangs.