Exhaust Advice!!!!!

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Hey Guys

I'm looking to increase the performance on my Seat Leon Cupra Tdi, I'm debating over what type of exhaust system to have fitted to the car if any at all.

My options are Mufferectomy cheap & cheerful 2.5". £150 max
Exhaust from long life from the turbo 2.5". £420
Exhaust from long lift middle & back piece 2.5". £380

I'm trying to way up my options I know I will get the best performance out of the £420 exhaust system but I want to know what you guys think & know.

I'm on abit of a budget & I don't think I cud justify the more expensive exhaust but an honest opinion wud be very much appreciated

BHP increases on the options wud be helpful

Thank Guys :)

Hardcore

Diesel lover
Jul 31, 2013
West Scotland
Turbo back should give the best performance gains if 2.5"
Mufflerectomy gives gains as well but the main benefit of the oversized, decat downpipe is reduced turbo lag and more torque.
Just watch with the decat though if you go for the full system as it's an MOT fail now on diesels from this month on.

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Turbo back should give the best performance gains if 2.5"
Mufflerectomy gives gains as well but the main benefit of the oversized, decat downpipe is reduced turbo lag and more torque.
Just watch with the decat though if you go for the full system as it's an MOT fail now on diesels from this month on.

Hi mate

Thanks for the reply I spoke to Tony Banks Exhaust they said they can put a fake cat on the car so it just looks like there is one on the car. I'm getting it done Thursday so looking forward to see what type of gain I get, I'm gonna put it on the dyno see if it's knocking around 200bhp

Hardcore

Diesel lover
Jul 31, 2013
West Scotland
Fake cat will do the trick. It's only a visual inspection so if it looks like there is one there, it'll pass.

Mines has a 2.5" turbo back system with one straight through type box on the rear to take the rasp out it.
Hard to tell if i got an overall power increase as it's still on a standard map but turbo feels like it pulls a bit harder when it spools and sounds awesome.

Took a video of it yesterday funny enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMQeA1J04I

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Fake cat will do the trick. It's only a visual inspection so if it looks like there is one there, it'll pass.

Mines has a 2.5" turbo back system with one straight through type box on the rear to take the rasp out it.
Hard to tell if i got an overall power increase as it's still on a standard map but turbo feels like it pulls a bit harder when it spools and sounds awesome.

Took a video of it yesterday funny enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMQeA1J04I

Sounds pretty nice, did u notice if the car was better on Fuel or anything like that. My exhaust shop said my car shud be at least 10% better on fuel & lifetime guarantee. If it's sounds faster :)

There is a few video's of mine on YT before I bought it "leon fr tdi vs Rx8" I haven't got the link & it on the the rolling road.

Hardcore

Diesel lover
Jul 31, 2013
West Scotland
It's hard to tell with the fuel part. It's around the same, if not less for me but i put that down to having the heaters and headlights ect on a lot more this time of the year. Winter was just beginning when i got mines fitted.

Just seen that video there. Looks like it smoked (literally) the RX8

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.