exhaust for 2.0 16V ibiza mk2

jase874

helo, i have used the search loads and can't find an answer to my query so im hoping you could help me
i've just bought an ibiza mk2 cupra sport ('99) and everything seems ok except its in need of a new exhaust as it has a hole in and is therefor rather loud and rattling but i can't find anywhere that does a full exhaust system specifically for that car, can anyone help, i live in york
i dont know much about cars so ill just say what im looking for in a new exhaust....
not rediculously loud, would like a decent amount of performance gain (for an exhaust), MOT passable, stainless steel

thanks for any suggestions

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
i had a full stainless system and decat made for £380.

performace gains are minimal from exhaust system. Its got a nice deep grumble to it which is nice. You will notice a DECAT though. Its the only mod ive done where i can say ive felt a difference.

GtiBoy

DubbedOut Owner
May 5, 2009
Botswana
www.dubbedoutclub.tk
As i live in the midlands are carnt surgest anywhere to take it but u just need to find your local dealer i.e miltek, powerflow, magnex etc etc and tell them wot u want and they will hook you up i dare say. I had a full decat system done by r&j tunning which cost me £270 as le **** said its a good trusty mod. But unless you know someone who can do ya mot i wud keep the cat of have a sports one fitted

jase874

ah thanks for replies everyone, all helped :) i have emailed piperwerx so hopefully they will make me one, cant wait!

jase874

ahh thanks, are they a straight swap? no welding needed or anything is there?

i only realised the difference between the mk2 and mk3 the other day when i was following a mk3 and realised it didn't have that strip above the reg plate, haha im a div

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
But using a aftermarket Mk3 the exhaust is designed for a Turbo not a N/A engine. Usually a N/A engine needs a 2.25" diameter and a Turbo is 2.5" to 3" exhaust. I can't see any benfit from using a Mk3 aftermarket exhaust maybe a Mk3 standard one but thats it.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
standard mk2 16v + mk3 turbo are the same diameter, all you might need is a new rubber mount if it's an earlier car

in standard form the mk3 on to a mk2 if there are any left now is a good mod

mattstead

I've got a 2.0 16v exhaust thats spare, I just haven't got round to putting it on ebay. My car came with a cat back janspeed and what looks like a nearly new standard GTI exhaust if it's any good to you?

I Live in Sheffield and work in Thirsk north yorkshire so am up and down the A1 most days. No idea what it's worth ...sugestions anyone.?

jase874

sorry! just found this thread again by accident! still haven't got my zorst sorted yet

thinking of going to quick fit and getting a quote on a standard mk3 back box though, everyone seems to like them on the mk2 that have them and i cant afford anything aftermarket/custom but want to see a tip so i think is my best bet

thanks for all your advice!

EDIT : just found another post about the standard 20VT (mk3?) exhaust on a mk2 and it was a twin tailpipe, i though the standard mk3 had an oval tip?

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.