Exhaust Fumes in Car

thebody

Feb 28, 2010
Coningsby
My first post so hi to everyone.
Went to look at a Seat Ibiza 16 v gti today. The car wasnt in bad nick little rust but very light. Few of the usual issues Dipstick snapped Passenger side window comes off runners.
Also the owner was trying to be crafty and had taken the ABS light out to pass the MOT which i remembered at the last min to check.
Knocked him down quite a bit because of this.
The car has just gone through its MOT but there is a slight wiff of fumes in the car like the manifold is leaking. But its just gone through its mot last week. So me thinks maybe a breather hose.
Wondered if anyone had experienced this before any thoughts ?
Thanks

vngtx

most likely the breather pipe is split. something like 15 quid from dealers.

thebody

Feb 28, 2010
Coningsby
I think more then likely it is as i was sniffing around that area and could smell the fumes. Had a scout around and got the part number for it.
End of the day its a 13 year old car so im expecting some faults.

cupra103

May 4, 2008
Richmond, NSW Australia
Good luck with it, i've had no major problems with mine since new in 99 which is good as there was only 50 odd bought into the country, i rely on a couple of expat poms that luv their vw's & seat!

thebody

Feb 28, 2010
Coningsby
I use to own a 8v and the 1.4 which i chavved up backin my younger days. So had a idea of some of the common problems. My friend is very much into the Vee Dub so i will get him to hook it up to his vag system to find the ABS fault.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.