Exhaust system warning light

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Since I bought an Ateca, I hadn't driven my Leon SC FR 1.8 TSI for a month or so. Started it yesterday, all was OK, I've driven it for 30 minutes then parked it. Then started it again and after 5 minutes of driving the exhaust system warning light appeared on the dashboard similar to this:
0_big.jpg

It won't disappear and is there today again. Oddly enough there's not text on the dashboard to clarify what this is about, nor are there any system status messages on the satnav unit. So I booked it for check with the dealers on Friday and it's still under warranty so I am not worried but wondered what that might be. Has anyone experienced something like that? Wondering if it is related to it not being driven for a month. Other than that it runs fine, the mileage stays the same and is not increased IMO.

Last edited:

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
get OBDeleven and run a scan to see the faults.

You can then clear them if nothing to worry about or be better informed on your trip to the stealers.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Possibly a duff sensor in the exhaust. They used to be called Lambda sensors but not sure if they're still called that. I think it monitors the oxygen content in the emissions or something like that. Might just need the computer resetting or a new sensor.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Deleted member 98136

Recently had the same fault light up on mine - OBD said is was P0141 02, which is Sensor Heating Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 2. Nothing too much to worry about apart from your miles per gallon may suffer

Replaced under warranty yesterday took about 1 hour to do, technician had to allow exhaust to cool down before he could change the faulty sensor.

NOTE : Got extended warranty back in November 2017, so now more than pleased I did !

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Left the car today and they called me to inform me it was a thermostat that failed and will be replaced under warranty. I didn’t have the chance to ask details and I’ll get the car next week so will know better.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.