Exhaust Tip cleaning.

Smego

Don't know if this is right section or not, done a search can't see much.

Anyone reccommend a really good product for cleaning exhaust tips? Mines currently a nice black / bronze colour, a bit of elbow grease took off most of the black layer with soapy water, but not sure what to use that will bring it back to it's former shiny self without damaging the surface.:confused:

thanks in advance.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Believe it or not, Wonder Wheels is absolutely awesome. In fact, they should rename Wonder Wheels to Wonder Exhaust because thats the only thing I would use it for personally considering my alloys are powder coated. ;)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
optimax at nearly every fill up - exhaust rim/edge covered in black stuff, but it comes off with a small dabble of wonder wheels and elbow grease ;)
Once its off a regular clean and shine and simple soap suds do the work well!

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
CupraUK said:
I read a post somewhere that someone said that running Optimax cleaned their exhaust.

Nah mate, the only fuel I use is Optimax - and it gets sooty just as much as everyone elses.

Personally I just use Wonder Wheels, dab it on with a brush and wipe it off with a cloth - completely non abrasive so you do not get 'scratch/haze' marks on the tip of the exhaust.

chris h

Not sure about getting melted bumper off (have you tried removing it whilst exhaust is hot?), autosol metal polish for the exhaust and then regular cleaning and it should only need doing with polish now and again.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.