Exhaust tip for an MK4?

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Hey guys, I own an '07 Ibiza MK4 1.2L Sport Reference, but I'm a complete novice when it comes to modding a car whatsoever, so I am most likely going to ask some dumb questions... :confused:

My brother owns a Fiat Grande Punto, and was able to put an exhaust tip as such, to give it a nice exhaust rather than the originally invisible, and pathetic exhaust. It basically just clipped on, and was relatively expensive, and was wondering if there was anything similar for a Mk4 Ibiza?

I've seen the aero kit, in which the rear bumper includes an area for the central split exhaust, but wondered if there was an alternative that didn't require a new rear bumper! :p

Also anyone who'd recommend some small mods for a MK4, go for it, I've got nothing to lose! ;)

Cheers,
Chris.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Probably any universal one would fit.
Should be able to get them from ebay/halfrauds/car store, or anywhere like that. I cant see them being too expensive myself either.

The list of mods is endless, some examples..
Tinted windows, rear spacers, LCR front splitter, strut brace, new headunit, vent trims, new gearknob, handbrake and gearstick gaitor, wind deflectors, small centre sunvisor..

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Does the tip of the original exhaust bend downwards or straight out?
If it bends, you might have to get it cut straight if the tip doesnt sit correctly when fitted.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not quite sure what my exhaust is like currently; I'll check it tomorrow and post back ;)

I've fancied a splitter ever since my brother got one, and have been looking around online. Is this the right one for me?

.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=11791 (can't post links just yet >.< )

You'd have to explain what the other mods are, such as rear spacers (I'm assuming to make the rear wheels come wider out of the arches?), strut brace and head unit. I already have new vent trims ;)

Scott, thanks for the offer, I'll check out what the situation is tomorrow with the exhaust and let you know :) Any more details about it, or is there anywhere online I could find a pic of it? :blink:

Thanks guys :D:D

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
ehm heres a pic of it fitted

before and after
mini-25092008250.jpg

mini-25092008251.jpg

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Ah great, thanks for the pics :D

Is there any advantage to a strut brace? Or purely aesthetic?

LCR Splitter is something I'm definitely going to buy now ;)
Is the one in the link correct?

I also forgot to mention, I have the 2 honeycomb-style side grilles on the front of the car like Scott, and am really desperate to get some nice alloys! Something like Scott's, along the lines of Cupra/vRS ones I guess..

Also I noticed in your sig, Scott, you have Xenon lights? Is this an easy upgrade, in terms of changing bulbs or far more complicated?

If my exhaust pipe is straight, does that mean I'd be able to buy an universal exhaust tip?

Thanks ;)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
In my opinion its both, it does look nice and helps tighten up the front too.

The splitter in your link is the right one, but I think it might be cheaper at the stealers? Anyone confirm?

The grills either side of the 'S' badge in my pic below? And I beleive Scotts alloys are from a Leon Cupra, not an Ibiza.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/mickm-C/HIDs.jpg

That pic was half way through changing my standard bulbs to HIDs. They are quite easy to do if you take your time, just a case of putting a few plugs together and fitting the ballasts. Which can be put inside the light unit if you get the slim ones ;)

Yeah, if your exhaust is straight a universal one should fit, otherwise you might have to get it cut to be straight, do as Scott done and get it welded on or just buy Scotts :)

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Yep, just like those ;) Got them from the dealer, and for some reason one was more expensive than the other! :blink:

I just noticed, on Scott's Ibiza it has a cut-out for an exhaust, whereas mine does not?

I'll post a pic up in a minute, but currently I haven't reached the 15 post minimum for external links ;)

I really like what Flegz has done to his; very nice!

I'm assuming he's lowered it as well; and I'm right in thinking that's in the £300-400 region?

How much is the strut brace and HID bulbs (if not, good standard bulbs!)

My brother (mentioning him quite a lot....:blink: ) bought some new ones and they have made such a difference! Currently I think mine are much weaker, and not up to the job.

Cheers again :)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Lol, thats Seat for you! :p

I dont know why yours doesnt and his does sorry, maybe just a different model or year?

Lowering varies in price, you can either get a damper/spring setup or go down the route of adjustable coilovers. The coilovers go from around £170 to probably about £500 depending on the model/manufacturer. (You'll find a good few threads in the section about coilovers and what people think of them)

I'm not sure on the strut brace, probably around £50-60, although dont quote me on that one. And the HIDs I have where £60~. There is some on ebay (DianeShop) for £30~ and you can get HIDs Direct ones for about £100~. I found they do make a big difference, especially when driving on unlit roads.

No problem :)

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah I guess so, his is '02 reg and mine's the facelift version (07 reg).

I live in quite a rural area, all roads being unlit, so I think I will invest in HIDs, for safety if nothing else!

For the time being, I'll probably leave lowering it, but I think a nice set of wheels can make a car look the DB's! Looking at Scott's thread, it looks fantastic with the new wheels even with nothing else being changed!

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Also, in terms of side indicators, I attempted to change mine to remove the "fried egg" look.

I purchased some clear indicators, and Silvatec bulbs only to discover that for some reason they were not bright whatsoever, and required a silver bulb (that flashes orange) in order to have a stealthy look. I eventually gave up on trying this and reverted to original indicators... I don't know if anyone else has done this successfully??

Although, my main aim is to get a nice pair of alloys and get them powder coated in anthracite ;)

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Oh, maybe not then! ;)

I'd rather not be dodging the cops and seeming very paranoid every time I do pass them :p

I'll check up on what kind my brother got, but I certainly have noticed a large different in the visibility!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
thats a valance i bought from seat, comes with exhaust cutout....(p.s. i have a cupra backbox now, not that tip whoever staded that the tip was my new exhaust)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise