Expected Delivery?

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
Are any of you guys worried about a price increase? The new list wef Oct 1st is out see another thread. What happens to punters like us who ordered off the July Price List and are anticipating delivery any day now?
Anyone had a phone call from a dealer or gone to collect and found something nice (the car) and something nasty (the increased bill)?

I wouldn't have thought they could do that, I assume that anybody who orders from October onwards would have to pay the new prices

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
This is the worrying part:

Buying a new Mercedes-Benz and a change in price
If there is a price increase for a car between actual deposit and delivery of the car, can the dealer add this increase to the final balance due on delivery?
Asked on 13 December 2011 by boatman126
Answered by Honest John
Yes. Johnson v HWM Kingston County Court 1997.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
They can't increase how much you pay between signing the order and delivery, you pay the amount that was agreed during the order. I signed the first finance papers and order forms when I ordered last month so this is what I expect to pay. I doubt the dealer will be paying more to eat into their profits, the higher price will only apply to those who order from now on.

Is that right? how can it go from 8 days which is what I've read to over a month? Is it stopping at every port on the way to pick up more cars, lol.

Terry I'm guessing in your excitement you've got a bit mixed up with the dates lol The ship departed Barcelona on the 30th of September and is expected into port on the 5th of October. So making it about a 6 day trip :)

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Terry I'm guessing in your excitement you've got a bit mixed up with the dates lol The ship departed Barcelona on the 30th of September and is expected into port on the 5th of October. So making it about a 6 day trip :)

DOHH!! forgot we are already in October :rofl:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Are any of you guys worried about a price increase? The new list wef Oct 1st is out see another thread. What happens to punters like us who ordered off the July Price List and are anticipating delivery any day now?
Anyone had a phone call from a dealer or gone to collect and found something nice (the car) and something nasty (the increased bill)?

If there is in fact a legislation like dephead said, then I suppose the dealers could enforce this. How ever, for the hassle it would cause and the already signed documents and agreed price, I'm guessing/hoping that they won't bother and it will only be for people buying the car after the 1st of October.

E.g. If they had stopped the free technology pack at the end of Q3, they aren't going to charge you £1,000 for it if your car is delivered in October.

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
Just done a few sums and my 1.8tsi manual in black with a few extras will go up by £305, could be interesting if/when I get a phone call. I still think it will only apply to cars ordered after 1st October.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Does anybody know the names of the other two ships that do the same route? It would be interesting to see where they are in relation to La Surprise. My car is being built this week, it may give some idea when the next ship is leaving.

At great risk (fear of becoming a boat spotter :blink: ) I did a bit of googling.

La Surprise has 'Lineas Suardiaz' painted on the side of it. It's a proper full-on car boat. The Lineas Suardiaz group operate certain routes, one of which is Barcelona - Portugal - Sheerness - Tyne.

If you google EMD-SUARDIAZ-GROUP.pdf, there's a list of their fleet - it might contain the names of the other two.

Of course if there is another shipping line doing the same routing then it's a bit needle-haystack :)

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
Contacted Seat Customer Care today about the price increase and they said that when you order the car and the order goes through the price at time of ordering is the price that you pay. If the dealer tries to charge the new price you need to contact Customer Care and they will sort it out. So good news then

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Contacted Seat Customer Care today about the price increase and they said that when you order the car and the order goes through the price at time of ordering is the price that you pay. If the dealer tries to charge the new price you need to contact Customer Care and they will sort it out. So good news then

Yes i also had a similar response from SEAT saying it's price protected at the point of order.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Great news. Well done GTunney and Lawto48. Just in time as I will be sorting out the finance Friday and hope to receive the car next week from the dealer.

Here's the time line:
24 July Vehicle ordered (remember August factory shutdown)
16 September Vehicle manufactured and advised on 17th Sept by Dealer will take 2-4 weeks to arrive
2nd October at the port (might have been earlier as I chased dealer on 1st Oct) and will take a week or so to arrive at the dealer.

Will update when I have more news

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
They can't increase how much you pay between signing the order and delivery, you pay the amount that was agreed during the order. I signed the first finance papers and order forms when I ordered last month so this is what I expect to pay. I doubt the dealer will be paying more to eat into their profits, the higher price will only apply to those who order from now on.

Is that right? how can it go from 8 days which is what I've read to over a month? Is it stopping at every port on the way to pick up more cars, lol.

Eh? It left Barcelona on the 30th september and will dock on the 5th October..6days. This Monday to Saturday.:)

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Sorry Terryt!! I have just seen Madduffys earlier response!! We are all getting way too excited for grown men!! lol!!! :)

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I ordered through SG Smith on the Purley Way.

I went with WJ King in Bromley, should've checked SG Smith as well.

Sorry Terryt!! I have just seen Madduffys earlier response!! We are all getting way too excited for grown men!! lol!!! :)

Haha, mines a week 40 build (this week), hoping it shows up before the end of the month as the dealer agreed my part exchange value up till then otherwise I'll be without a car :(

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
I went with WJ King in Bromley, should've checked SG Smith as well.

Haha, mines a week 40 build (this week), hoping it shows up before the end of the month as the dealer agreed my part exchange value up till then otherwise I'll be without a car :(

I dont think they will insist on taking your car until the new one has arrived!! lol!! My agreement is the same. They have calculated the PCP as at the end of October. But no new car and they dont get mine!!! They will just recalculate the PCP terms and they can take any loss on any difference!! I am already in a PCP agreement and they pay off my existing finance with my PX as valued at the end of October. If it is delivered later I make an extra payment on mine and my new PCP decreases by that amount. My old finance is with the VAG group as well.Hope that makes sense! :)

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I dont think they will insist on taking your car until the new one has arrived!! lol!! My agreement is the same. They have calculated the PCP as at the end of October. But no new car and they dont get mine!!! They will just recalculate the PCP terms and they can take any loss on any difference!! I am already in a PCP agreement and they pay off my existing finance with my PX as valued at the end of October. If it is delivered later I make an extra payment on mine and my new PCP decreases by that amount. My old finance is with the VAG group as well.Hope that makes sense! :)

Makes sense :) I've gone for the 0% finance deal so I guess they have more to lose. I'm not too fussed as I don't rely on the car too much and they offered a good p/x value. Current car is 5 years old and done under 12k miles!

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Got an email from my dealer today to say my car is built and waiting to board a ship. Couple more weeks to wait...

Car insurance expires on the 26th, what's the chances if it all working out on time!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members