Expected Delivery?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Great news. Well done GTunney and Lawto48. Just in time as I will be sorting out the finance Friday and hope to receive the car next week from the dealer.

Here's the time line:
24 July Vehicle ordered (remember August factory shutdown)
16 September Vehicle manufactured and advised on 17th Sept by Dealer will take 2-4 weeks to arrive
2nd October at the port (might have been earlier as I chased dealer on 1st Oct) and will take a week or so to arrive at the dealer.

Will update when I have more news
4th October Called to dealers to sign papers and get 7 days free insurance. Also signed for 4 years SEAT service plan for £11.45 (not £11.04 as quoted)pcm. Now that's a good deal as year 4 service is an expensive one. I really believe that folks should consider this unless it's a company car.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
At great risk (fear of becoming a boat spotter :blink: ) I did a bit of googling.

La Surprise has 'Lineas Suardiaz' painted on the side of it. It's a proper full-on car boat. The Lineas Suardiaz group operate certain routes, one of which is Barcelona - Portugal - Sheerness - Tyne.

If you google EMD-SUARDIAZ-GROUP.pdf, there's a list of their fleet - it might contain the names of the other two.

Of course if there is another shipping line doing the same routing then it's a bit needle-haystack :)

I just had an email from my SEAT dealer this afternoon saying my car (Leon 5-Door FR 1.8TSI DSG) is built and is on the L'Audace, with an ETA in the UK of Wednedsday 9th October. This boat is also part of the EMD-SUARDIAZ-GROUP and I am now tracking it on the marinetraffic website. I notice that it stops off in Setubal, Portugal on the 7th October on the way to the UK. When you search the marinetraffic website, you may need to look for the L?Audace or LAudace, as the site does not necessarily recognise the apostrophe in L'Audace.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I just had an email from my SEAT dealer this afternoon saying my car (Leon 5-Door FR 1.8TSI DSG) is built and is on the L'Audace, with an ETA in the UK of Wednedsday 9th October. This boat is also part of the EMD-SUARDIAZ-GROUP and I am now tracking it on the marinetraffic website. I notice that it stops off in Setubal, Portugal on the 7th October on the way to the UK. When you search the marinetraffic website, you may need to look for the L?Audace or LAudace, as the site does not necessarily recognise the apostrophe in L'Audace.

Do you know what build week your car is?

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Do you know what build week your car is?

Unfortunately not, as this afternoon's email was the first definite information I have received and just explained that my new car has been built and it had gone straight onto the boat (L'Audace) that left Barcelona yesterday.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Unfortunately not, as this afternoon's email was the first definite information I have received and just explained that my new car has been built and it had gone straight onto the boat (L'Audace) that left Barcelona yesterday.

I should have said that the email seems to imply the car was built this week, because it had apparently gone straight onto the boat.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I should have said that the email seems to imply the car was built this week, because it had apparently gone straight onto the boat.

Thanks, mine's being built this week (40) as well so it may well be on the same boat :) Heard nowt from my dealer though :think:

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
My car was week build 39 and my dealer has said that it is on the L'audace which they said left today to arrive next wednesday. I think that as my PCP was due to start end of October that they were in no hurry to load!! They did apparently build it earlier!! But looks like I will still get it before the end of October anyway so no dramas. So no need to track the La Surprise anymore !! :) At least I know for definite where and what it is on!! I think my dealer wants to have time to make sure it is in "top order" as she told me before handover. As I have bought 2 other cars (VW Golfs) from her, I know she is only thinking of me.:)
Madduffy, it looks like you will get yours first!!! :)

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
My car was week build 39 and my dealer has said that it is on the L'audace which they said left today to arrive next wednesday. I think that as my PCP was due to start end of October that they were in no hurry to load!! They did apparently build it earlier!! But looks like I will still get it before the end of October anyway so no dramas. So no need to track the La Surprise anymore !! :) At least I know for definite where and what it is on!! I think my dealer wants to have time to make sure it is in "top order" as she told me before handover. As I have bought 2 other cars (VW Golfs) from her, I know she is only thinking of me.:)
Madduffy, it looks like you will get yours first!!! :)

Contacted dealer today and my car is on the LA Surprise as well:D not sure if it's been offloaded at Sheerness or Newcastle yet but good times:funk:

Last edited:

mattsleon

Aug 21, 2013
terryt - I've also purchased mine from W J King Bromley and like you mine was a build week 40 (and also like you it's a 1.4 TSI FR). Haven't heard anything though but guess we will at the same time.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Evening all!! Sad to hear swahealy that we aren't infact boat buddies but seems I've picked up a new first mate in Lawto..... (Ok that's enough lol) at least you have a definite ship to track now :)

Lawto, my dealer said mine was getting in at Newcastle as I live up that way. What i don't understand is that the LA surprise has sheerness as the final destination. So I'm hoping it goes to Newcastle first then finishes it's journey in sheerness! Apparently it gets there tomorrow so might have my car next weekend if I'm very lucky :D to say I've been stalking the LA surprise is an understatement lol

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Sigh....demoted.... Never mind!! I am the Captain of the Laudace now!!!! lol!!!
Madduffy, I think it will unload its precious cargo in Sheerness and then head to the Tyne. They dont want to have too much valuable cargo still on board going up there!! lol!!! Only kidding!!!:)
Keep us in the loop when you and Lawto get your motors!!! :)

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
Evening all!! Sad to hear swahealy that we aren't infact boat buddies but seems I've picked up a new first mate in Lawto..... (Ok that's enough lol) at least you have a definite ship to track now :)

Lawto, my dealer said mine was getting in at Newcastle as I live up that way. What i don't understand is that the LA surprise has sheerness as the final destination. So I'm hoping it goes to Newcastle first then finishes it's journey in sheerness! Apparently it gets there tomorrow so might have my car next weekend if I'm very lucky :D to say I've been stalking the LA surprise is an understatement lol

Madduffy, my dealer said that they usually get the cars from Sheerness but they had some in earlier in this week from Newcastle. I live in Stoke so could be either, anyway I think I will have to have a word with the captain of LA Surprise to make sure he drops mine off first, can't be doing with you having yours before mine:funk:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Haha don't you be bribing the captain Lawto :p If it's a Spanish captain tho, i doubt there would be too much difficulty ;) lol just checked this morning and the LA surprise has landed at Sheerness! I'm now eagerly waiting to see if it'll head north!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I need to get out more....checked the Tyne docks expected arrivals and the LA surprise is due there tomorrow at 8am :D So Lawto, I don't think it'll make much difference if your getting yours from sheerness or Tyne as it's only a day difference in docking :)

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
How's everyone's car's getting on? Tried to phone the dealer today but no one phoned back after leaving a message :( dephead, did you get yours?

Nick100

Well I've been told my car has been built and is "in transit". So hopefully I should see it in about 2 weeks.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Make sure you chase the dealer up in a couple of days so that they can give you the ship name :) you can then have the joys of tracking it as it travels at about 20mph lol

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
How's everyone's car's getting on? Tried to phone the dealer today but no one phoned back after leaving a message :( dephead, did you get yours?

Heard nothing yet, to be honest I don't think we will hear anything this week, more than likely be next week I fear:(

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Yeh I'm starting to think it might be next week as well :( Tyne Dock is only about an hour away from me, so I shall remain hopeful that it could maybe be this weekend. Or is that just wishful thinking? Lol

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
To be honest my dealer isn't the best at keeping me up to date with what's happening, I seem to be chasing them all the time which gets a bit tedious. The salesman who sold me the car is pretty good but he is on holiday this week:( I totally understand that it's just a commodity to them but it's just a bit frustrating when you are constantly chasing them, if they would ring and say the car has arrived at Dock and will probably be here next week that's fine at least you know.
I'm just a moaning old git really:p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.