Expected Delivery?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Couldn't agree with you more! I obviously don't want to seem like a seat stalker but when you've paid so much for a brand new car, it would be nice to be kept up to date. I've phoned them a few times and had no reply :( I'll keep badgering them though until they get bored of me and phone me back or put a restraining order on me lol!!

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Experiencing the same here. I was given a date of 28 Oct in July and they are still not 100% sure and not moving from it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

rob3000

What did you order DeanC? I ordered a Leon FR 184 with a sunroof in August and was given a date of January but then when I phoned a couple of weks ago they said it was being built in week 40 which I believe was last week. I think car's with sunroofs initially had problems but they seem to have sorted that out now so unless you ordered something very unusual I cant see why they cant give you an accurate update.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
What did you order DeanC? I ordered a Leon FR 184 with a sunroof in August and was given a date of January but then when I phoned a couple of weks ago they said it was being built in week 40 which I believe was last week. I think car's with sunroofs initially had problems but they seem to have sorted that out now so unless you ordered something very unusual I cant see why they cant give you an accurate update.

184 FR SC, Leather, 18's, SEAT sound, driver assist pack, winter pack. I think it's because it is fleet they are just not very helpful.

Had a call the other week to tell me my car could not be sourced new build on fleet and they had one at the dock the same but with folding mirrors. When I said all FRs have folding mirrors he said "what do you mean FR". Turns out he had the wrong Dean haha

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
terryt - I've also purchased mine from W J King Bromley and like you mine was a build week 40 (and also like you it's a 1.4 TSI FR). Haven't heard anything though but guess we will at the same time.

What coincidence! What colour have you gone for?

Like everyone else I've not heard from the dealer. Funnily enough the only time the salesguy has called me to tell me the build week was when I was in Spain!

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Ordered mine (Silver 1.4 FR) on 12th July. Build Week was 39.

The dealer emailed me yesterday to say it was 'in transit' (I assumed therefore that it was on the L'Audace)... But this morning I had another message to say that it was due to turn up at the dealer tomorrow, so the car must have been on La Surprise (how apt a name!).

Now have to jump through the various insurance / docs signing / money transfer hoops - think this weekend for collection is pushing it a tad, though if a miracle happens, it will be 3 months on the nose from order to pickup.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Pleasant surprise indeed Bubbs!! Can I ask where you ordered it from? Mines was also on the LA Surprise but yet to hear anything from the dealer in terms of when it'll arrive at the garage.

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
Well contacted dealer today asking when car would be delivered from the dock, honestly it's as if they can't be bothered. I asked how long they normally take and was told not sure really, just have to wait and we will give you a ring. Had 2 new Audi cars and they are totally different-you get told when car is made, when in country and when it's delivered to dealer etc. I have never had one call with an update from the dealer I have had to keep chasing them for everything, just don't think it's good enough for the amount of money they cost.:(

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Agree with dephead that Customer services are the ones in the know and they are very easy to talk to.
Madduffy and Lawto: Your dealers must have changed their numbers!! lol!!! Easy fellas!! Have a jam sandwich!! It will arrive lol!!!

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Pleasant surprise indeed Bubbs!! Can I ask where you ordered it from? Mines was also on the LA Surprise but yet to hear anything from the dealer in terms of when it'll arrive at the garage.

I ordered mine from CDG Cars Crawley Down, so presumably the car is coming from Sheerness. I go past the place (CDG, Not Sheerness!) a few mornings a week and sometimes see a transporter parked outside... might get distracted on the way past tomorrow if it's there.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Nah, went for the tin top.

I thought about a sunroof, but being... erm... short haired, I figure I would just get sunburnt. Also, the times of day I travel (6am & 8pm), it wouldn't have been that beneficial.

Plus at the time, there were these stories of January delivery... and I decided I couldn't be that patient! (Though if I had known it would make no difference in the end... maybe I would think again.

mattsleon

Aug 21, 2013
What coincidence! What colour have you gone for?

Like everyone else I've not heard from the dealer. Funnily enough the only time the salesguy has called me to tell me the build week was when I was in Spain!

Monsoon Grey.
Was your sales guy Paul? He called me a couple of weeks ago to let me know the car was still scheduled to be built in week 40 so I'm expecting/hoping we'll have an update this week.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Monsoon Grey.
Was your sales guy Paul? He called me a couple of weeks ago to let me know the car was still scheduled to be built in week 40 so I'pecting/hoping we'll have an update this week.

It was Paul Bennett, there's 2 Paul's there apparently. He called me a few weeks back as well to tell me the build week and that the headlight washers were deleted, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I've gone for white, at least they won't get our cars mixed up, lol.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
4th October Called to dealers to sign papers and get 7 days free insurance. Also signed for 4 years SEAT service plan for £11.45 (not £11.04 as quoted)pcm. Now that's a good deal as year 4 service is an expensive one. I really believe that folks should consider this unless it's a company car.
And finally
10/10/13 Collect Car from dealership :rofl:

So here's the timeline for the help of others:
24 July Vehicle ordered (remember August factory shutdown)
16 September Vehicle manufactured and advised on 17th Sept by Dealer will take 2-4 weeks to arrive
2nd October at the port (might have been earlier as I chased dealer on 1st Oct) and will take a week or so to arrive at the dealer.
4th October Called to dealers to sign papers and get 7 days free insurance. Also signed for 4 years SEAT service plan for £11.45 (not £11.04 as quoted)pcm. Now that's a good deal as year 4 service is an expensive one. I really believe that folks should consider this unless it's a company car.
10th October Collect Car from dealership.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Had a call from VW in Leeds and mine is actually at port and will be delivered next week. That will be 11 weeks end-to-end

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members