Extended warranty worth it??

HSimo7

Oct 1, 2018
Hi i was just wondering if anyone had Seat extended warranty and think its worth it, it would cost me £200 for the year in my 2015 ibiza. Does it cover labour, diagnosis ect aswell as parts?? And would it cover something like a misfire/ timing chain rattle ect??? Thanks alot for any help

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Although slightly different my parents took out the extended warranty on their golf, they recently had toto have some gear box parts replaced in the DSG, warranty paid no questions asked. Well over £1000 worth of work look at the invoice.

I’d say it’s worth it for £200, we’ll be taking it out when our Ateca reaches 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HSimo7

HSimo7

Oct 1, 2018
Although slightly different my parents took out the extended warranty on their golf, they recently had toto have some gear box parts replaced in the DSG, warranty paid no questions asked. Well over £1000 worth of work look at the invoice.

I’d say it’s worth it for £200, we’ll be taking it out when our Ateca reaches 3 years.

sounds good mate, its the peace of mind adswell incase anything major goes wrong. im an apprentice mechanic so ill be able to do small jobs and save money on servicing but big jobs like if the gearbox goes wrong will cost me a fortune in time and money.

im guessing that the VW and seat warranty will be the same since vw own them?? Cheers mate

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Possibly, I know it’s provided directly by SEAT, the same as the VW one so I’d imagine it’s similar, but don’t hold me to it.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Extended warranties are exactly the same as gambling. If you need to claim on the warranty, you win. If you do not, you lose. The few people who do claim big are like the people who win the lottery, they skew the perception of the odds so that the casual viewer thinks the favorable outcome is more likely than it is.

The manufacturers offering the warranty are rather less blinkered. Their products are offered based on simple arithmetic. They know that they will win!

Question is, do you feel lucky, punk?

OJarvis

Oct 31, 2018
Hi i was just wondering if anyone had Seat extended warranty and think its worth it, it would cost me £200 for the year in my 2015 ibiza. Does it cover labour, diagnosis ect aswell as parts?? And would it cover something like a misfire/ timing chain rattle ect??? Thanks alot for any help
I'd say it's worth getting! I'd also recommend getting a winter health check as well. SEAT in Cardiff have an event on, I've got a SEAT myself and it's all booked it for next week. It's so cold outside! I like their website too - they've got some information of vehicle checks and stuff https://blog.whitedovegroup.co.uk/winter-driving-tips-staying-safe-this-winter

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
I'd say it's worth getting! I'd also recommend getting a winter health check as well. SEAT in Cardiff have an event on, I've got a SEAT myself and it's all booked it for next week. It's so cold outside! I like their website too - they've got some information of vehicle checks and stuff https://blog.whitedovegroup.co.uk/winter-driving-tips-staying-safe-this-winter
Only 6% of people change to winter tyres?! Maybe it's the fact I'm up in Scotland where there's maybe a higher percentage of people that change but that seems worrying low.

OJarvis

Oct 31, 2018
Only 6% of people change to winter tyres?! Maybe it's the fact I'm up in Scotland where there's maybe a higher percentage of people that change but that seems worrying low.
I know! I have winter and summer tyres. It may cost me more but its definitely worth it. I live in Barry, Wales right on the sea and it gets so cold and icy. My Cupra slides all over the place, lol.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.