1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

external door handle removal?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by tom w, Sep 28, 2010.

1. tom w

hi all how do you go about removing the drivers side external door handle as someone has decided to butcher my lock so i'm going to delock it ,i know there is an allen bolt within the door shut is there any more ??? Or do have to remove the door card??.

2. CupraElliott

You can do it with the doorcard on.

Losen the door catch bolts this makes it easier because you can just let that drop down slightly so the rod comes away from the handle.

Then remove the Allen bolt you said and pull from the lock side on the handle, might be slightly tight.

It is easier with the doorcard off mind because you can see what your doing properly.

3. Fl@pper

Fl@pper Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope

4. Craig!

Craig! IHI Ibiza Cupra

Exterior is simple, loosen that allen key inside the door and slide it forwards then pop it out from the key side first.

5. tom w

oh ok cheers ,will have a bash tomorrow and craig i recieved it today cheers